Обсуждение: Clipboard update

Clipboard update

От
edigeronimo@xtracard.com
Дата:
Here's a small update to the clipboard support. It adds an option to
allow using Tab as the column separator.

Using tab as the separator allows you to paste the results into Excel
and OpenOffice Calc while retaining the columns. I haven't had the
chance to test it, but I think it will also allow you to paste rows
into SQL Server's Enterprise Manager.

We should probably consider making the default copy settings be tab
deliminated with no quoting, as that's how both Excel and the SQL
Server tools put data into the clipboard.

Ed

Re: Clipboard update

От
"Dave Page"

Thanks Ed, patch applied.

> We should probably consider making the default copy settings
> be tab deliminated with no quoting, as that's how both Excel
> and the SQL Server tools put data into the clipboard.

That's fine with me - does anyone object?

Regards, Dave.

Re: Clipboard update

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Only for copy/paste; in files "tab is crap"

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Clipboard update

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
> >>Here's a small update to the clipboard support. It adds an
> option to
> >>allow using Tab as the column separator.
> >>
> >>Using tab as the separator allows you to paste the results
> into Excel
> >>and OpenOffice Calc while retaining the columns. I haven't had the
> >>chance to test it, but I think it will also allow you to paste rows
> >>into SQL Server's Enterprise Manager.
> >

> > Thanks Ed, patch applied.
> >

> >>We should probably consider making the default copy settings be tab
> >>deliminated with no quoting, as that's how both Excel and the SQL
> >>Server tools put data into the clipboard.
> >

> > That's fine with me - does anyone object?
>
> Only for copy/paste; in files "tab is crap"

Agreement from me. Question though: Is the "standard format"
platform-dependent? What would it typically be on macos or linux?
Perhaps it needs a different default?

//Magnus

Re: Clipboard update

От
Dave Page

On 12/4/06 18:22, "Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> wrote:

>> option to

>> into Excel
>>>

>>> Thanks Ed, patch applied.

>>> That's fine with me - does anyone object?
>>
>> Only for copy/paste; in files "tab is crap"
>
> Agreement from me.

Yes - we're just talking about the Result Copy options in frmOptions.

> Question though: Is the "standard format"
> platform-dependent? What would it typically be on macos or linux?
> Perhaps it needs a different default?

Tab delimited works nicely in Excel on OSX. I'll have to try Linux tomorrow.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Clipboard update

От
"Dave Page"

Tried with Kspread, and none of our current delimiters work, so there is
no sensible default there. Anyone have OOo/StarOffice on *nix that they
can try?

Regards, Dave