Обсуждение: 1.8 is done!

1.8 is done!

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Hackers, translators, packagers,

I've built and uploaded the source, windows, mac and slackware builds
for 1.8.0, tagged SVN and more importantly, created a 1.8 patches
branch. Assuming there are no major problem between now and then, I'll
announce the release on Monday.

I'd like to thank everyone who has had a part in this release, no matter
how small. It's been a long, tiring development cycle, but I'm happy to
say that this release includes more bullet-point changes than any
previous release, and should be both more usable and reliable than ever
before.

So, I'm going to bump the version for 1.9 now - let's see if we can't
make the next release even better!

Thanks all!

Regards, Dave

Re: 1.8 is done!

От
Erwin Brandstetter
Дата:
On Oct 19, 3:11 pm, dp...@postgresql.org (Dave Page) wrote:
> Hackers, translators, packagers,
>
> I've built and uploaded the source, windows, mac and slackware builds
> for 1.8.0, tagged SVN and more importantly, created a 1.8 patches
> branch. Assuming there are no major problem between now and then, I'll
> announce the release on Monday.
>
> I'd like to thank everyone who has had a part in this release, no matter
> how small. It's been a long, tiring development cycle, but I'm happy to
> say that this release includes more bullet-point changes than any
> previous release, and should be both more usable and reliable than ever
> before.
>
> So, I'm going to bump the version for 1.9 now - let's see if we can't
> make the next release even better!
>
> Thanks all!
>
> Regards, Dave

Can we party yet? Or is it decent to wait till it's official? :)
In any case, I like the new version. Good job, guys!

Regards
Erwin

Re: 1.8 is done!

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> On Oct 19, 3:11 pm, dp...@postgresql.org (Dave Page) wrote:
>> Hackers, translators, packagers,
>>
>> I've built and uploaded the source, windows, mac and slackware builds
>> for 1.8.0, tagged SVN and more importantly, created a 1.8 patches
>> branch. Assuming there are no major problem between now and then, I'll
>> announce the release on Monday.
>>
>> I'd like to thank everyone who has had a part in this release, no matter
>> how small. It's been a long, tiring development cycle, but I'm happy to
>> say that this release includes more bullet-point changes than any
>> previous release, and should be both more usable and reliable than ever
>> before.
>>
>> So, I'm going to bump the version for 1.9 now - let's see if we can't
>> make the next release even better!
>>
>> Thanks all!
>>
>> Regards, Dave
>

> Can we party yet? Or is it decent to wait till it's official? :)
> In any case, I like the new version. Good job, guys!

Heck, if you're near stockholm on monday, call me up and we'll have a
beer somewhere :-)

Big thanks to all the people for pushing all this stuff that's in 1.8,
especially Dave!

//Magnus

Re: 1.8 is done!

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> Can we party yet? Or is it decent to wait till it's official? :)

I think it's perfectly proper to party once (and only once) SVN has been
 tagged and branched. Both of which have happened.

> In any case, I like the new version. Good job, guys!

And thanks to you as well - we wouldn't get there without solid testing
and details bug reports.

:-)

/D

Re: 1.8 is done!

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Heck, if you're near stockholm on monday, call me up and we'll have a
> beer somewhere :-)

Per previous discussion, technically I'm in mourning after the weekends
fun in the rugby and F1, but I guess by the time I actually get there...

> Big thanks to all the people for pushing all this stuff that's in 1.8,
> especially Dave!

You're welcome.

/D

Re: 1.8 is done!

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 09:23 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> I'm in mourning after the weekends fun in the rugby and F1

"Forza Ferrari!"
"If you wanna win, you need a Finn"

/me chuckles
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: 1.8 is done!

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 09:23 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>> I'm in mourning after the weekends fun in the rugby and F1
>
> "Forza Ferrari!"
> "If you wanna win, you need a Finn"
>
> /me chuckles

/me removes Devrim from my Christmas card list...

:-)

/D

Re: 1.8 is done!

От
"Heikki Linnakangas"
Dave Page wrote:
> Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
>> On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 09:23 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>>> I'm in mourning after the weekends fun in the rugby and F1
>> "Forza Ferrari!"
>> "If you wanna win, you need a Finn"
>>
>> /me chuckles
>
> /me removes Devrim from my Christmas card list...

Devrim, what's you're address? I'll send you one to compensate.

:-)

--
  Heikki Linnakangas

Re: 1.8 is done!

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 09:26 +0100, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> > /me removes Devrim from my Christmas card list...
>
> Devrim, what's you're address? I'll send you one to compensate.

LOL :)

Cheers,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ