Обсуждение: multi-select for privileges

multi-select for privileges

От
Kev
Дата:
Hi,

This is just a wish-list item if anybody is interested in implementing
it.  I think it would make pgadmin pretty powerful in terms of
managing privileges.

When you click "Views", "Tables", etc. in the tree at the left in the
main view, the Properties tab at the right shows a grid of objects and
their comments.  This grid has multi-select enabled, which makes it
handy to drop multiple objects at once, but if you right-click and
choose Properties, you can only modify one object at a time.  It would
be very handy to be able to select many objects and define who has
what access to them, especially in the case when you're creating a new
login group and want to give the group access to a large set of
tables.

What do you think?

Kev

Re: multi-select for privileges

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 2:32 PM, Kev <kevinjamesfield@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is just a wish-list item if anybody is interested in implementing
> it.  I think it would make pgadmin pretty powerful in terms of
> managing privileges.
>
> When you click "Views", "Tables", etc. in the tree at the left in the
> main view, the Properties tab at the right shows a grid of objects and
> their comments.  This grid has multi-select enabled, which makes it
> handy to drop multiple objects at once, but if you right-click and
> choose Properties, you can only modify one object at a time.  It would
> be very handy to be able to select many objects and define who has
> what access to them, especially in the case when you're creating a new
> login group and want to give the group access to a large set of
> tables.
>
> What do you think?

You can use the Grant Wizard for that - though it's not quite as
convenient as selecting them all in the list.

--
Dave Page

Re: multi-select for privileges

От
Kev
Дата:
> You can use the Grant Wizard for that - though it's not quite as
> convenient as selecting them all in the list.

Oops, I'm not sure how I missed that!  Thanks!  Although, it would be
good if in the Grant Wizard you could use the traditional shift and
ctrl modifiers for multiselect, as in the Properties pane.  Maybe
there could be a way to combine these two, by having a "Grant Wizard
with these items checked off" option in the Properties list's context
menu if more than one item is selected.