Обсуждение: pg_hba.conf conf editor methods

pg_hba.conf conf editor methods

От
Dave Page
Дата:
The pg_hba.conf editor seems to be missing support for ldap, gss and
sspi authentication methods. The attached patch adds the missing
support. As it's so close to release, I'd appreciate some careful
reviewing!!

Note that I consider this a bug fix because when used to open a file
with ldap lines, I found they were not even shown to me, therefore
giving incorrect information about the auth methods that were enabled.

--
Dave Page

Minor patch for more GP options.

От
Chuck McDevitt
Дата:
Some minor Greenplum specific stuff.

Вложения

Re: Minor patch for more GP options.

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:19 PM, Chuck McDevitt
<cmcdevitt@greenplum.com> wrote:
> Some minor Greenplum specific stuff.

Thanks - stashed for the 1.11 development cycle (congratulations - you
get ticket number 1 in our new trac installation!
http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/1)

--
Dave Page

Re: pg_hba.conf conf editor methods

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le lundi 30 mars 2009 à 16:41:56, Dave Page a écrit :
> The pg_hba.conf editor seems to be missing support for ldap, gss and
> sspi authentication methods. The attached patch adds the missing
> support. As it's so close to release, I'd appreciate some careful
> reviewing!!

I can't do more than a quick read and test. Seems fine to me. No issues
compiling and testing with some pg_hba.conf files.

The GSS/SSPI comment should be changed: form --> from.

Nothing more to say, sorry.

 http://www.postgresqlfr.org
 http://dalibo.com

Re: pg_hba.conf conf editor methods

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Le lundi 30 mars 2009 à 16:41:56, Dave Page a écrit :
>> The pg_hba.conf editor seems to be missing support for ldap, gss and
>> sspi authentication methods. The attached patch adds the missing
>> support. As it's so close to release, I'd appreciate some careful
>> reviewing!!
>>

> I can't do more than a quick read and test. Seems fine to me. No issues
> compiling and testing with some pg_hba.conf files.
>
> The GSS/SSPI comment should be changed: form --> from.
>
> Nothing more to say, sorry.

Thats fine - thanks. Review is useful as well as compilation and testing.

--
Dave Page

Re: pg_hba.conf conf editor methods

От
Magnus Hagander
Dave Page wrote:
> The pg_hba.conf editor seems to be missing support for ldap, gss and
> sspi authentication methods. The attached patch adds the missing
> support. As it's so close to release, I'd appreciate some careful
> reviewing!!
>
> Note that I consider this a bug fix because when used to open a file
> with ldap lines, I found they were not even shown to me, therefore
> giving incorrect information about the auth methods that were enabled.

In 8.4, krb5 and PAM also takes an argument.

As does cert authentication - if we're adding 8.4 features and we're
adding auth methods, we should add that one as well.

Also, *all* "hostssl" rows now take the argument "clientcert".

//Magnus

Re: pg_hba.conf conf editor methods

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>> The pg_hba.conf editor seems to be missing support for ldap, gss and
>> sspi authentication methods. The attached patch adds the missing
>> support. As it's so close to release, I'd appreciate some careful
>> reviewing!!
>>
>> Note that I consider this a bug fix because when used to open a file
>> with ldap lines, I found they were not even shown to me, therefore
>> giving incorrect information about the auth methods that were enabled.
>
> In 8.4, krb5 and PAM also takes an argument.
>
> As does cert authentication - if we're adding 8.4 features and we're
> adding auth methods, we should add that one as well.
>
> Also, *all* "hostssl" rows now take the argument "clientcert".

*grumble*

See attached patch. I applied the original already.

--
Dave Page

Re: Minor patch for more GP options.

От
Chuck McDevitt
Дата:
What is the schedule for 1.11 ?  The 1.10 beta went by so fast most of my users didn't have time to give feedback.

Дата:
1.10 is still in beta, it's certainly not over...

I don't think there's a fixed schedule for 1.11 yet, but unless there
are compelling reasons to release it before, I assume it will be along
the time of the next (post-8.4) postgresql release.

//Magnus

Chuck McDevitt wrote:
> What is the schedule for 1.11 ?  The 1.10 beta went by so fast most of my users didn't have time to give feedback.

Дата:
On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 11:36 PM, Chuck McDevitt
<cmcdevitt@greenplum.com> wrote:

> I see....  Yes, I didn't explain the patch right.
>
> It should have said "Fix a bug in recreating CREATE TABLE statements... Some options missing, so re-created table is
differentfrom original"

Well that definitely qualifies as a bug. Patch applied.

Note that although it may initially seem like I'm just being pedantic
about your description, the fact is that I'm not even going to look at
something that appears to be a feature patch during beta, so an
accurate description is essential!!

--
Dave Page

Re: Minor patch for more GP options.

От
Chuck McDevitt
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 11:36 PM, Chuck McDevitt
> <cmcdevitt@greenplum.com> wrote:
> >
> > I see....  Yes, I didn't explain the patch right.
> >
> > It should have said "Fix a bug in recreating CREATE TABLE
> statements... Some options missing, so re-created table is different
> from original"
> >

> Well that definitely qualifies as a bug. Patch applied.
>
> Note that although it may initially seem like I'm just being pedantic
> about your description, the fact is that I'm not even going to look at
> something that appears to be a feature patch during beta, so an
> accurate description is essential!!
>
> --
> Dave Page
> EnterpriseDB UK:   http://www.enterprisedb.com

Yes, I understand.  My fault for the confusion.  Thank you Dave.

Chuck McDevitt
Greenplum