Обсуждение: [pre-patch] wxWidget versus SUN CC macro clash

[pre-patch] wxWidget versus SUN CC macro clash

От
Zdenek Kotala
Дата:
As was discussed on different thread new version of Sun Studio C++
compiler contains _T (probably template) which clashes with _T macro in
wxWidgets. It will be fixed in wxWidgets 3.0.

I attached concept of fix which solve this problem now. This is first
workable solution, but I'm not yet happy with them. I guest that with
some pgScript include refactoring we can eliminate problem much closer.

does exist something like doxygen.pgadmin.org?

    Zdenek

Вложения

Re: [pre-patch] wxWidget versus SUN CC macro clash

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Hi

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 10:47 PM, Zdenek Kotala<Zdenek.Kotala@sun.com> wrote:
> As was discussed on different thread new version of Sun Studio C++
> compiler contains _T (probably template) which clashes with _T macro in
> wxWidgets. It will be fixed in wxWidgets 3.0.

I assume you're relying on having a build of wxWidgets from the older compiler?

> I attached concept of fix which solve this problem now. This is first
> workable solution, but I'm not yet happy with them. I guest that with
> some pgScript include refactoring we can eliminate problem much closer.

Yeah, I hope so, as most of the files your patch touched are generated by bison.

> does exist something like doxygen.pgadmin.org?

No, I'm afraid not. Would be happy to see it though, if anyone wants
to work on it.

--
Dave Page

Re: [patch] wxWidget versus SUN CC macro clash

От
Zdenek Kotala
Дата:
Final patch is attached. It modifies only stack.hh. I think problem is
only with SunStudio now. I close it into ifdef. The path undefine _T
macro at the beginning and define it back at the end.

Please, write some comments which explain it.

    Zdenek

Dave Page píše v st 09. 09. 2009 v 09:13 +0100:
> Hi
>
> On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 10:47 PM, Zdenek Kotala<Zdenek.Kotala@sun.com> wrote:
> > As was discussed on different thread new version of Sun Studio C++
> > compiler contains _T (probably template) which clashes with _T macro in
> > wxWidgets. It will be fixed in wxWidgets 3.0.
>
> I assume you're relying on having a build of wxWidgets from the older compiler?
>
> > I attached concept of fix which solve this problem now. This is first
> > workable solution, but I'm not yet happy with them. I guest that with
> > some pgScript include refactoring we can eliminate problem much closer.
>
> Yeah, I hope so, as most of the files your patch touched are generated by bison.
>
> > does exist something like doxygen.pgadmin.org?
>
> No, I'm afraid not. Would be happy to see it though, if anyone wants
> to work on it.

Вложения

Re: [patch] wxWidget versus SUN CC macro clash

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Zdenek Kotala<Zdenek.Kotala@sun.com> wrote:
> Final patch is attached. It modifies only stack.hh. I think problem is
> only with SunStudio now. I close it into ifdef. The path undefine _T
> macro at the beginning and define it back at the end.
>
> Please, write some comments which explain it.

Thanks Zdenek - applied to 1.10 and trunk.

--
Dave Page