Обсуждение: Weird git messages

Weird git messages

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Hi,

When pushing my last commit, I got some weird messages:

[master!git.pgadmin3]$ git push
Counting objects: 37, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (19/19), done.
Writing objects: 100% (19/19), 3.58 KiB, done.
Total 19 (delta 18), reused 0 (delta 0)
Auto packing the repository for optimum performance.
fatal: protocol error: bad line length character: Remo
error: error in sideband demultiplexer
To ssh://git@git.postgresql.org/pgadmin3.git
   f75720d..43693e1  master -> master
error: failed to push some refs to
'ssh://git@git.postgresql.org/pgadmin3.git'

If I try another git push, it seems good:

[master!git.pgadmin3]$ git push
Everything up-to-date

Not sure what happened here. I'm downloading the repo in another
directory to check if everything is fine. Feels weird though. Have
anyone seen these messages before?

--
Guillaume
  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

Re: Weird git messages

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On Thu, 2011-08-11 at 22:08 +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When pushing my last commit, I got some weird messages:
>
> [master!git.pgadmin3]$ git push
> Counting objects: 37, done.
> Delta compression using up to 4 threads.
> Compressing objects: 100% (19/19), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (19/19), 3.58 KiB, done.
> Total 19 (delta 18), reused 0 (delta 0)
> Auto packing the repository for optimum performance.
> fatal: protocol error: bad line length character: Remo
> error: error in sideband demultiplexer
> To ssh://git@git.postgresql.org/pgadmin3.git
>    f75720d..43693e1  master -> master
> error: failed to push some refs to
> 'ssh://git@git.postgresql.org/pgadmin3.git'
>
> If I try another git push, it seems good:
>
> [master!git.pgadmin3]$ git push
> Everything up-to-date
>
> Not sure what happened here. I'm downloading the repo in another
> directory to check if everything is fine.

It worked. I can checkout branches, and compile on master works fine.
Guess I didn't break anything? Hope so, at least.

--
Guillaume
  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info
  http://www.dalibo.com

Re: Weird git messages

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 22:08, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When pushing my last commit, I got some weird messages:
>
> [master!git.pgadmin3]$ git push
> Counting objects: 37, done.
> Delta compression using up to 4 threads.
> Compressing objects: 100% (19/19), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (19/19), 3.58 KiB, done.
> Total 19 (delta 18), reused 0 (delta 0)
> Auto packing the repository for optimum performance.
> fatal: protocol error: bad line length character: Remo
> error: error in sideband demultiplexer
> To ssh://git@git.postgresql.org/pgadmin3.git
>   f75720d..43693e1  master -> master
> error: failed to push some refs to
> 'ssh://git@git.postgresql.org/pgadmin3.git'
>
> If I try another git push, it seems good:
>
> [master!git.pgadmin3]$ git push
> Everything up-to-date
>
> Not sure what happened here. I'm downloading the repo in another
> directory to check if everything is fine. Feels weird though. Have
> anyone seen these messages before?

No.

AFAICT, the problem is that the repacking done on the server for some
reason sends "remo" instead of hex data. remo probably being the
beginning of "remote" or something like that.

I googled around a bit on it, and from what I can tell it's harmless -
the operation went fine, the only problem was telling the client about
it...

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: Weird git messages

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On Fri, 2011-08-12 at 13:51 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 22:08, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When pushing my last commit, I got some weird messages:
> >
> > [master!git.pgadmin3]$ git push
> > Counting objects: 37, done.
> > Delta compression using up to 4 threads.
> > Compressing objects: 100% (19/19), done.
> > Writing objects: 100% (19/19), 3.58 KiB, done.
> > Total 19 (delta 18), reused 0 (delta 0)
> > Auto packing the repository for optimum performance.
> > fatal: protocol error: bad line length character: Remo
> > error: error in sideband demultiplexer
> > To ssh://git@git.postgresql.org/pgadmin3.git
> >   f75720d..43693e1  master -> master
> > error: failed to push some refs to
> > 'ssh://git@git.postgresql.org/pgadmin3.git'
> >
> > If I try another git push, it seems good:
> >
> > [master!git.pgadmin3]$ git push
> > Everything up-to-date
> >
> > Not sure what happened here. I'm downloading the repo in another
> > directory to check if everything is fine. Feels weird though. Have
> > anyone seen these messages before?
>
> No.
>
> AFAICT, the problem is that the repacking done on the server for some
> reason sends "remo" instead of hex data. remo probably being the
> beginning of "remote" or something like that.
>
> I googled around a bit on it, and from what I can tell it's harmless -
> the operation went fine, the only problem was telling the client about
> it...

Googled too yesterday, and saw some mails about it. But I wasn't able to
tell if it was harmless or not. Hope you're right :)