Обсуждение: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM#1462- AJAX request do not get fired second time

[pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM#1462- AJAX request do not get fired second time

От
Surinder Kumar
Дата:
Hi

Please find attached patch for the fix:
Issue:
This issue is regression of one of the flickering issue of RM#1242.
"Aside from displaying/hiding the spinner, panes should have their content refreshed until and unless the new data differs from the previous, to reduce flicker"

Solution:
Along with caching the node node, we should also keep track of the previous node clicked.
Fetch new data iff previous node and current node clicked differs.

Please review.

Thanks,
Surinder Kumar
Вложения

Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM#1462- AJAX request do not get fired second time

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Hi

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 8:34 AM, Surinder Kumar
<surinder.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Please find attached patch for the fix:
> Issue:
> This issue is regression of one of the flickering issue of RM#1242.
> "Aside from displaying/hiding the spinner, panes should have their content
> refreshed until and unless the new data differs from the previous, to reduce
> flicker"
>
> Solution:
> Along with caching the node node, we should also keep track of the previous
> node clicked.
> Fetch new data iff previous node and current node clicked differs.

This doesn't fix the issue for me. My test case:

1) Select the SQL tab
2) Click a schema, and the SQL is displayed.
3) Click Schemas, and "-- No SQL could be generated for the selected
object." is displayed.
4) Click the same schema as in step 2 again, and "-- No SQL could be
generated for the selected object." remains displayed.

Note that clicking any other schema in step 4 works fine.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company