Обсуждение: patch for RM1460 [pgAdmin4]

patch for RM1460 [pgAdmin4]

От
Harshal Dhumal
Дата:
Hi,

PFA patch for RM1460

Changes:
- Opening a file should set the tab name to the filename
- Editing a file should add a * to the tab name to indicate the file is dirty
- Saving changes to a file should clear the *
- The Save button should have a drop-down menu, with a Save As option.

--
Harshal Dhumal
Software Engineer

EnterpriseDB India: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
Вложения

Re: patch for RM1460 [pgAdmin4]

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Hi

Works nicely - committed!

One change I think we should make (please provide a patch when you get
a minute) is to always allow the dropdown menu and Save As to be used,
regardless of whether the file is dirty. Save should only be available
when there are changes of course.

Thanks!

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 1:12 PM, Harshal Dhumal
<harshal.dhumal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> PFA patch for RM1460
>
> Changes:
> - Opening a file should set the tab name to the filename
> - Editing a file should add a * to the tab name to indicate the file is
> dirty
> - Saving changes to a file should clear the *
> - The Save button should have a drop-down menu, with a Save As option.
>
> --
> Harshal Dhumal
> Software Engineer
>
> EnterpriseDB India: http://www.enterprisedb.com
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>

> --

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: patch for RM1460 [pgAdmin4]

От
Harshal Dhumal
Дата:
Hi,

PFA attached patch to show save as option always and to show menu save option only when file is changed.

--

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 6:18 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

Works nicely - committed!

One change I think we should make (please provide a patch when you get
a minute) is to always allow the dropdown menu and Save As to be used,
regardless of whether the file is dirty. Save should only be available
when there are changes of course.

Thanks!

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 1:12 PM, Harshal Dhumal
<harshal.dhumal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> PFA patch for RM1460
>
> Changes:
> - Opening a file should set the tab name to the filename
> - Editing a file should add a * to the tab name to indicate the file is
> dirty
> - Saving changes to a file should clear the *
> - The Save button should have a drop-down menu, with a Save As option.
>
> --
> Harshal Dhumal
> Software Engineer
>
> EnterpriseDB India: http://www.enterprisedb.com
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>

> --

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения

Re: patch for RM1460 [pgAdmin4]

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Hi

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 10:26 AM, Harshal Dhumal
<harshal.dhumal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> PFA attached patch to show save as option always and to show menu save
> option only when file is changed.

This doesn't seem to be working - if I open the query tool, write
something, and save the file, the Save button and drop-down menu are
then disabled so I cannot use Save As.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: patch for RM1460 [pgAdmin4]

От
Harshal Dhumal
Дата:
Hi Dave,

Can you please try again with clean cache. Above mentioned scenario is working fine for me.

Thanks.

--

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 9:13 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 10:26 AM, Harshal Dhumal
<harshal.dhumal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> PFA attached patch to show save as option always and to show menu save
> option only when file is changed.

This doesn't seem to be working - if I open the query tool, write
something, and save the file, the Save button and drop-down menu are
then disabled so I cannot use Save As.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: patch for RM1460 [pgAdmin4]

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Hi

I thought I had, but clearly that was not the case. It all works now -
committed.

Sorry for the noise.

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 7:13 AM, Harshal Dhumal