Обсуждение: beautifulsoup4, and Python 2.6

beautifulsoup4, and Python 2.6

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

Per https://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/ ,  beautifulsoup4 requires
Python 2.7+, which is not available on RHEL 6, which includes PY 2.6.

I don't intend to build PY 2.7 into RHEL 6 (*swh*) , so any recommendations
here? If we cannot satisfy this requirement, should we keep supporting PY 2.6?

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: beautifulsoup4, and Python 2.6

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 10:07 PM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Per https://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/ ,  beautifulsoup4 requires
> Python 2.7+, which is not available on RHEL 6, which includes PY 2.6.
>
> I don't intend to build PY 2.7 into RHEL 6 (*swh*) , so any recommendations
> here? If we cannot satisfy this requirement, should we keep supporting PY 2.6?

I think it's actually a dependency of something else, not a direct
dependency of pgAdmin. pgAdmin does work with Python 2.6 though, so I
don't think it's an issue for us - try just installing BeautifulSoup
3?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: beautifulsoup4, and Python 2.6

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

On Wed, 2016-09-14 at 09:26 +0100, Dave Page wrote:

> I think it's actually a dependency of something else, not a direct
> dependency of pgAdmin.

It is listed both in requirements_py2.txt and requirements_py3.txt.

Cheers,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: beautifulsoup4, and Python 2.6

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 10:32 AM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2016-09-14 at 09:26 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>
>> I think it's actually a dependency of something else, not a direct
>> dependency of pgAdmin.
>
> It is listed both in requirements_py2.txt and requirements_py3.txt.

Right - they do include indirect dependencies. Pip will just list
everything that's installed when those files are generated; and that
may include versions that are higher than are actually required in
reality.