Обсуждение: RFE: Window classes on linux build

RFE: Window classes on linux build

От
Cheetah
Дата:
When working with pgadmin3 in linux, it'd be nice to have it set a
window class besides "frame.frame" so that settings can be applied to
it in the window manager (windowmaker for me).  Right now it shows up
as frame.frame, which is rather generic and ends up with several apps
sharing the same settings.  In wx 2.4.2, I've been able to do this by
using the name parameter on the wxFrame constructor, though that
forces both pieces of the window class to the same value, rather than
the more common <window class>.<app class>.  That seems impossible in
2.4.2 and 2.5.3, since it's hardcoded that way in the wx sources.

--    -- Cheetah

Re: RFE: Window classes on linux build

От
Andreas Pflug
Cheetah wrote:
> When working with pgadmin3 in linux, it'd be nice to have it set a
> window class besides "frame.frame" so that settings can be applied to
> it in the window manager (windowmaker for me).  Right now it shows up
> as frame.frame, which is rather generic and ends up with several apps
> sharing the same settings.  In wx 2.4.2, I've been able to do this by
> using the name parameter on the wxFrame constructor, though that
> forces both pieces of the window class to the same value, rather than
> the more common <window class>.<app class>.  That seems impossible in
> 2.4.2 and 2.5.3, since it's hardcoded that way in the wx sources.

Can you provide working code for that?
We could put that in 1.3/1.4.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: RFE: Window classes on linux build

От
Cheetah
Дата:
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 19:00:12 +0000, Andreas Pflug
<pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> wrote:
> Cheetah wrote:
>
> > When working with pgadmin3 in linux, it'd be nice to have it set a
> > window class besides "frame.frame" so that settings can be applied to
> > it in the window manager (windowmaker for me).  Right now it shows up
>
> Can you provide working code for that?
> We could put that in 1.3/1.4.

Currently in my wxPerl app, I do something approximately like:

$name = "AppName_WindowName";
my $this = My::Frame::Class->new($parent, -1, "title", wxDefaultPosition, $size,   $styles, $name);

And thus the window class when running under wxGTK becomes
"AppName_WindowName.AppName_WindowName".  I figured that bit out from
looking at the base wxGTK sources, so the fact that I'm using wxPerl
shouldn't interfere.  The wxTopLevelWindow class just takes the name
parameter and uses it for both pieces of the window class.

HTH,
--    -- Cheetah