Обсуждение: report compiling pgadmin3 on MacosX

report compiling pgadmin3 on MacosX

От
Jose' Cruanyes
Дата:
using command line

wxWidgets from CVS (today)
./configure  --with-mac --enable-unicode --disable-shared --enable-debug
make
sudo make install
cd contrib/src/stc/
make
sudo make install

pgadmin from CVS (today)
./configure  --with-mac --enable-unicode --disable-shared --enable-debug
make
failed because an error (two actually) in acinclude.m4, because my
installation of postgresql has no ssl

in line 129
change
AC_CHECK_LIB(pq, SSL_connect, [pgsql_ssl_libpq=yes],
[pgsql_ssl_libpq=np])             ^^^^^^^^^^^                                           ^
with
AC_CHECK_LIB(pq, PQgetssl, [pgsql_ssl_libpq=yes], [pgsql_ssl_libpq=no])             ^^^^^^^^
              ^

after that  it has compiled, unfortunately the resulting executable is
not a whole application, but I've created a minimal bundle by hand and
the resulting application works, lots of little UI glitches and asserts
but works

great!!!

Pax et Bonum

# dott. Jose' Cruanyes Aguilar  -  C.E. Soft srl
#  Pzza. Firenze,4 MILANO  -  XX Settembre 10, CREMONA
#   02,33603122                0372,460602

Re: report compiling pgadmin3 on MacosX

От
"Dave Page"

Excellent news - thanks for letting us know. Unfortunately there is no
workaround for the SSL issue at this time - as I recall, the detection
macro was getting quite complex, and as SSL is pretty much everywhere
now anyway, we didn't bother with the non-ssl build. Patches welcome
though if you can come up with a solution... :-)

Regards, Dave.

Re: report compiling pgadmin3 on MacosX

От
Frederik Goris
Дата:
On 11/22/04 3:34 PM, quoth Jose' Cruanyes <cruanyes@cegroup.it>:

> after that  it has compiled, unfortunately the resulting executable is
> not a whole application, but I've created a minimal bundle by hand and
> the resulting application works, lots of little UI glitches and asserts
> but works

Can you explain how you did this part?  I've managed to compile, thanks to
your other tips, but "creating a minimal bundle by hand" eludes me.

Thanks in advance.

-Frederik

--
Frederik Goris
Manx Web Solutions            o Web Site Design                               o Dynamic Content Delivery

http://www.manxweb.com/

Re: report compiling pgadmin3 on MacosX

От
Jose' Cruanyes
Дата:
Il giorno 01/dic/04, alle 12:06, Frederik Goris ha scritto:

> Can you explain how you did this part?  I've managed to compile,
> thanks to
> your other tips, but "creating a minimal bundle by hand" eludes me.

(little and imprecise background)
in MacOSX the applications are really "Bundles", folders with the .app
extension and a fixed structure inside that holds the executable and
the resources needed, (the structure can become pretty complex) when
the user "opens" this folders a kind of magic happens and the finder
sets the environ and launch the executable, on a normal executable file
the finder doesn't know what to do with it (launch in terminal, as
deamon, as carbon App, ecc) so you need to create a folder with the
proprer structure and contents

in our case

PGAdmin3.app (folder)MacOS (folder)    pgadmin3 (the built executable)    ui (I've copied here the whole folder just to
makeit quick)

wxWidgets samples uses a script to setup the bundle (complete with
icons and the like) as last step in make, that could be borrowed

Pax et Bonum

# dott. Jose' Cruanyes Aguilar  -  C.E. Soft srl
#  Pzza. Firenze,4 MILANO  -  XX Settembre 10, CREMONA
#   02,33603122                0372,460602

Grant Wizard

От
"Derrick Betts"
Дата:
The Grant Wizard is a fantastic tool.  I have a question about how to use
it...

When I open the Grant Wizard, I can only assign GROUPS to the tables,
functions, etc.  The drop down box only shows groups, not specific users.
How do I assign specific users?  In SQL I normally write "GRANT ALL ON table
TO user;".

Thanks for your input,
Derrick

Re: Grant Wizard

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Derrick Betts wrote:
> The Grant Wizard is a fantastic tool.  I have a question about how to
> use it...
>
> When I open the Grant Wizard, I can only assign GROUPS to the tables,
> functions, etc.  The drop down box only shows groups, not specific
> users. How do I assign specific users?  In SQL I normally write "GRANT
> ALL ON table TO user;".

Top 3 of FAQs...
If you really need it, enable it in options.

Regards,
Andreas