Обсуждение: crash

crash

От
Pico
Дата:
Hello,

I just download the latest version of pgadmin (rpm for mandrake).
I install the rpm.
I launch  pgadmin3
I gtk dialog box appears and says me to choose the language.
I choose and click on OK.
And pgadmin ends with the error "pgadmin3: symbol lookup error :
pgadmin3: undefined symbol : _gtk_accel_group_attach".

Can you help me?

Thank you ;)

Pascal.

Re: crash

От
"Dave Page"

That error is caused by an old version of GTK that is used on some OS's.
Which RPM did you use? You could try the one for FC1 (which should work
with that GTK iirc), or compile from source.

Regards, Dave.

Re: crash

От
"Dave Page"

Ahh, OK. There's obviously a slightly odd set of package versions on
that platform. We had some commits for an MDK10.1 RPM update the other
day, so hopefully we'll have an appropriate RPM available soon. In the
meantime, can you compile from source OK?

Regards, Dave

Re: crash

От
Pico
Дата:
> > > What OS/version are you actually running?
> >
> > Mandrake Linux 10.1
>
> Ahh, OK. There's obviously a slightly odd set of package versions on
> that platform. We had some commits for an MDK10.1 RPM update the other
> day, so hopefully we'll have an appropriate RPM available soon. In the
> meantime, can you compile from source OK?

So, I compile from source.

I download wxWidgets,  tar -xzf, I compile :

./configure --with-gtk --enable-gtk2 --enable-unicode --disable-shared
--enable-debug --enable-mimetype=no
make
sudo make install

cd contrib/src/stc
make
sudo make install

I download pgadmin3-1.2.0 sources, tar -xzf,

./configure --enable-static --enable-debug

I have the error :
configure : error : could not find wx-config in /usr

Regards,

Patrice.

Re: crash

От
"Dave Page"

Did you install wx into /usr? If so, you can point pgAdmin at it using
something like:

./configure --enable-static --enable-debug --with-wx=/usr

One of the changes that went in post-1.2.0 also changed the configure
script slightly - apparently on MDK10.1 (at least, in the wx RPM
distro), the libraries have slightly non-standard names - iirc, they
have underscores in them instead of hyphens. If you find you need this
update, please let me know.

In the meantime, I am trying to arrange to get MDK rpms made available.

Regards, Dave

Re: crash

От
Pico
Дата:
> In the meantime, I am trying to arrange to get MDK rpms made available.

Ok, if you want me to try to install them on mandrake 10.1 when
avalaible, email me :)

Regards,

Patrice.

Re: crash

От
"Dave Page"

Hi Patrice,

A Mandrake RPM has just been uploaded to
http://developer.pgadmin.org/ftp/release/v1.2.0/mandrake101/ if you'd
like to give it a try.

Feedback welcome of course!

Regards, Dave.

Re: crash

От
Pico
Дата:
> Hi Patrice,
>
> A Mandrake RPM has just been uploaded to
> http://developer.pgadmin.org/ftp/release/v1.2.0/mandrake101/ if you'd
> like to give it a try.

Hi,

I download the RPM.
I do :

rpm --install pgadmin3-1.2.0-1mdk.i586.rpm

It says me : dependencies needeed :
libwx_base-2.5.so.3
libwx_base_net-2.5.so.3
libwx_base_xms-2.5.so.3
libwx_gtk2_adv-2.5.so.3
libwx_gtk2_core-2.5.so.3
libwx_gtk2_html-2.5.so.3
libwx_gtk2_stc-2.5.so.3
libwx_gt2_xrc-2.5.so.3

Regards,

Patrice.

PS :library WxWidget already installed as explained in "Installing
pgAdmin III from source code", no error during configure, make et make
install.

Re: crash

От
"Dave Page"

Hi Patrice - I suspect this is simply because the RPM is looking for the
RPM version of wx, and not the source version.

Hugo: Can you tell us where the correct wx RPMs can be obtained please?

Regards, Dave.

Re: crash

От
Pico
Дата:
> Can you provide a screenshot?

I send it to you in private email, I don't know if attachments are
allowed on this mailing list.

Patrice.

Re: crash

От
Raphaël Enrici
Pico wrote:
> Hi Raphael,

Hi Patrice, nice to meet you ;)
Where are you living in France?

>> Can you precise a bit please? Which menu? All menus?
>>All special char? éèëê and so on?
>>Which locale are you using?
>
> I have done an inventory.
> It seems that only tabs are wrong (tabs in main window, tabs in dialog
> boxes...).
> Elsewhere (menus, items of dialogboxes...) the french specific
> caracteres are successfully displayed.

mmmh I can't reproduce this (or maybe I did not understand the problem).
Can you provide a screenshot?
Here is how it looks like under a Debian/testing host with locale
fr_FR.UTF-8@euro:
http://www.enrici.com/pgadmin/SCREENSHOTS/pga3-1.2.0.png

Regards,
Raphaël

Re: crash

От
Pico
Дата:
> The 2.5.3 can only be found in the "cooker" mirrors. The binary package names
> are:
>     - libwxgtk2.5_3-2.5.3-1mdk.i586.rpm
>     - wxGTK2.5-2.5.3-1mdk.i586.rpm
>     - libwxgtk2.5_3-devel-2.5.3-1mdk.i586.rpm
>     - libwxgtkgl2.5_3-2.5.3-1mdk.i586.rpm

Hello,

Thank you Hugo and thank you Dave.

I download the four RPM in a tempory directory

rpm --install *.rpm

Error : dependencies needed
devel(libGLU) needeed for libwxgtk2.5_3-devel-2.5.3-1mdk

On the ftp server you give me, I have not found something like libGLU or
GLUlib.

Patrice.

Re: crash

От
Raphaël Enrici
Дата:
Hi friends,

Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Makes me think to an UTF-8 issue, isn't it?

I'm currently building debian packages and will try to upload them
tonight. Can you precise a bit please? Which menu? All menus?
All special char? éèëê and so on?
Which locale are you using?

Regards,
Raphaël

Re: crash

От
Pico
Дата:
Hi Raphael,

>  Can you precise a bit please? Which menu? All menus?
> All special char? éèëê and so on?
> Which locale are you using?

I have done an inventory.

It seems that only tabs are wrong (tabs in main window, tabs in dialog
boxes...).
Elsewhere (menus, items of dialogboxes...) the french specific
caracteres are successfully displayed.

Regards,

Patrice.

Re: crash

От
Hugo Ferreira
Дата:
Dave,

The 2.5.3 can only be found in the "cooker" mirrors. The binary package names
are:- libwxgtk2.5_3-2.5.3-1mdk.i586.rpm        - wxGTK2.5-2.5.3-1mdk.i586.rpm- libwxgtk2.5_3-devel-2.5.3-1mdk.i586.rpm
-libwxgtkgl2.5_3-2.5.3-1mdk.i586.rpm

Alternativelly you can get the source rpm and compile that:- wxGTK2.5-2.5.3-1mdk.src.rpm

An example of a mirror and the location of the binary packages are:
ftp://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/mandrakelinux/devel/cooker/i586/media/main/

HTH,
Hugo Ferreira.

On Tuesday 07 Dec 2004 14:29, Dave Page wrote:
> [...]

Re: crash

От
Pico
Дата:
> Try installing GL (Mesa):
>     - libMesaGL1-5.0.2-8mdk
>     - libMesaGLU1-5.0.2-8mdk

Yes, it works,

I can launch successefully pgadmin3.

thank you :)

PS : pgadmin has French menus. The specifics french characters doens't
appears correctly (two strange ascii characteres instead of the good
french specific character).

Patrice.

Re: crash

От
"Dave Page"

A quick Google implies that libGLU is something to do with OpenGL.
There's a few hits on http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php -
I don't know if any of them give you what you need.

As a last resort, you could always try disabling dependency checking
when you install that RPM - it's possible pgAdmin won't use the part of
the package that needs this library.

Regards, Dave.

Re: crash

От
"Dave Page"

Excellent :-) And thanks to Hugo for providing the RPMs and helping out
:-)

> PS : pgadmin has French menus. The specifics french
> characters doens't appears correctly (two strange ascii
> characteres instead of the good french specific character).

Err, OK. Raphael, any ideas on that one?

Regards, Dave.

Re: crash

От
Pico
Дата:
Hi Hugo,

> Try and install the correct locale support. For example in english we install:
>     - locales
>     - locales-en
> you may nee
>     - locales-fr-XX where XX may be for CA, FR, etc.

already installed : locales-fr-2.3.3-8mdk

Nb : other Gtk applications doens't have this problem, french specifical
characteres well displayed.

Regards,

Patrice.

Re: crash

От
Raphaël Enrici
Дата:
Dear all,

it seems that the list is back online ;) Let's try to move on.

Concerning this particular problem, it seems I was right thinking to an
UTF-8/non UTF-8 problem:

Pico wrote:
> Hi Raphael,
>

>> Can you precise a bit please? Which menu? All menus?
>>All special char? éèëê and so on?
>>Which locale are you using?
> I have done an inventory.
>
> It seems that only tabs are wrong (tabs in main window, tabs in dialog
> boxes...).
> Elsewhere (menus, items of dialogboxes...) the french specific
> caracteres are successfully displayed.

In fact, Patrice has the following locales under MDK:
LANG=fr_FR
LC_CTYPE=fr_FR
LC_NUMERIC=fr_FR
LC_TIME=fr_FR
LC_COLLATE=fr_FR
LC_MONETARY=fr_FR
LC_MESSAGES=fr_FR
LC_PAPER=fr_FR
LC_NAME=fr_FR
LC_ADRESS=fr_FR
LC_TELEPHONE=fr_FR
LC_MEASUREMENT=fr_FR
LC_INDENTIFICATION=fr_FR
LC_ALL=

Positionning locales correctly to UTF-8 ones corrects the behaviour of pga3:
$ export LC_ALL=fr_FR.UTF-8
$ pgadmin3        -------> IS OK :)

I don't know well MDK and have no free time at the moment for searching
a good and definitive solution to force the whole desktop to use UTF-8.
If there are any Mandrake wizard on the list that would be cool to help
Patrice moving to UTF-8.

What I don't really understand (did not investigate deeply):
a) I tried putting locales to fr_FR (in a shell, not the whole Desktop)
on my Debian and launching pga3 is ok.
b) Anyway that pga3 detects non UTF-8 locales and try to force using the
corresponding UTF-8 one and revert to a non unicode if it does not find it?

Last but not least, Patrice suggested that we update the download page
to reflect the MDK version we "support". I'll provide a patch as soon as
possible (I really lack free time at the moment) but I can't find any
MDK version in the release ftp dir. IIRC Jean-Michel used to provide them.
@Jean-Michel: are you planning to deliver packages for MDK or shall
someone else take care of them?

Regards,
Raphaël

Re: crash

От
Pico
Дата:
> Positionning locales correctly to UTF-8 ones corrects the behaviour of pga3:
> $ export LC_ALL=fr_FR.UTF-8
> $ pgadmin3        -------> IS OK :)

And thanks for everybody for your help ;)

Patrice.

Re: crash

От
Hugo Ferreira
Дата:
Hi,

Try and install the correct locale support. For example in english we install:- locales- locales-en
you may nee - locales-fr-XX where XX may be for CA, FR, etc.

HTHs,
Hugo Ferreira.

On Tuesday 07 Dec 2004 16:28, Pico wrote:
> > Try installing GL (Mesa):
> >     - libMesaGL1-5.0.2-8mdk
> >     - libMesaGLU1-5.0.2-8mdk
>
> Yes, it works,
>
> I can launch successefully pgadmin3.
>
> thank you :)
>

> PS : pgadmin has French menus. The specifics french characters doens't
> appears correctly (two strange ascii characteres instead of the good
> french specific character).
>
> Patrice.

Re: crash

От
Hugo Ferreira
Дата:
Hi Pico,

Try installing GL (Mesa):- libMesaGL1-5.0.2-8mdk- libMesaGLU1-5.0.2-8mdk

I dont know if there are any more dependencies. Use rpmdrake to install this
so that you find the depencies automatically.

Regards,
Hugo Ferreira.