Обсуждение: Grants

Grants

От
"Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha"
Дата:
Hi list,

I am having problem with grants and users on PostgreSQL.

I am using pgAdmin to connect like other user to test my permissions.

As the owner of the database I have criated two roles:

administrators (cannot connect)
ezequias (can connect)

I give permissions to a table I have:
GRANT SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT ON TABLE base.table1 TO administrators;

My user:
CREATE ROLE ezequias LOGIN
  NOSUPERUSER NOINHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE;
GRANT administradores TO ezequias;

My group
CREATE ROLE administradores
  NOSUPERUSER NOINHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE;

When I try to access the table base.table1 with ezequias login the
pgAdmin reports:
(see attached image)

Could someone tell me what I did wrong ?
Ezequias

Вложения

Re: [SQL] Grants

От
imad
Дата:
You did not grant access privileges to schema.
Also GRANT administrators on the base schema as you did for the table.

--Imad
www.EnterpriseDB.com

On 12/1/06, Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha <ezequias.rocha@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am having problem with grants and users on PostgreSQL.
>
> I am using pgAdmin to connect like other user to test my permissions.
>
> As the owner of the database I have criated two roles:
>
> administrators (cannot connect)
> ezequias (can connect)
>
> I give permissions to a table I have:
> GRANT SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT ON TABLE base.table1 TO administrators;
>

> My user:
> CREATE ROLE ezequias LOGIN
>   NOSUPERUSER NOINHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE;
> GRANT administradores TO ezequias;
>
> My group
> CREATE ROLE administradores
>   NOSUPERUSER NOINHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE;
>
> When I try to access the table base.table1 with ezequias login the
> pgAdmin reports:
> (see attached image)
>
> Could someone tell me what I did wrong ?
> Ezequias

Re: [SQL] Grants

От
"Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha"
Дата:
####Schema grants####

CREATE SCHEMA base AUTHORIZATION root;
GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA base TO root;
GRANT USAGE ON SCHEMA base TO administrators;

####Table grants####
GRANT ALL ON TABLE base."local" TO root;
GRANT SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT ON TABLE base."local" TO administrators;

Still the same problem. :(

2006/11/30, imad <immaad@gmail.com>:
> You did not grant access privileges to schema.
> Also GRANT administrators on the base schema as you did for the table.
>
> --Imad
> www.EnterpriseDB.com
>

> On 12/1/06, Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha <ezequias.rocha@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I am having problem with grants and users on PostgreSQL.
> >
> > I am using pgAdmin to connect like other user to test my permissions.
> >
> > As the owner of the database I have criated two roles:
> >
> > administrators (cannot connect)
> > ezequias (can connect)
> >
> > I give permissions to a table I have:
> > GRANT SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT ON TABLE base.table1 TO administrators;
> >

> > My user:
> > CREATE ROLE ezequias LOGIN
> >   NOSUPERUSER NOINHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE;
> > GRANT administradores TO ezequias;
> >
> > My group
> > CREATE ROLE administradores
> >   NOSUPERUSER NOINHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE;
> >
> > When I try to access the table base.table1 with ezequias login the
> > pgAdmin reports:
> > (see attached image)
> >
> > Could someone tell me what I did wrong ?
> > Ezequias

> > TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

-- =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=                                 Atenciosamente
(Sincerely)                      Ezequias Rodrigues da
Rocha=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
A pior das democracias ainda é melhor do que a melhor das ditaduras
The worst of democracies is still better than the better of dictatorships
http://ezequiasrocha.blogspot.com/

Re: [SQL] Grants

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On Friday 01 December 2006 06:03 am, Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha wrote:

> 2006/11/30, imad <immaad@gmail.com>:
> > You did not grant access privileges to schema.
> > Also GRANT administrators on the base schema as you did for the table.
> >
> > --Imad
> > www.EnterpriseDB.com
> >
> > On 12/1/06, Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha <ezequias.rocha@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi list,
> > >
> > > I am having problem with grants and users on PostgreSQL.
> > >
> > > I am using pgAdmin to connect like other user to test my permissions.
> > >
> > > As the owner of the database I have criated two roles:
> > >
> > > administrators (cannot connect)
> > > ezequias (can connect)
> > >
> > > I give permissions to a table I have:
> > > GRANT SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT ON TABLE base.table1 TO administrators;
> > >

> > > My user:
> > > CREATE ROLE ezequias LOGIN
> > >   NOSUPERUSER NOINHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE;
> > > GRANT administradores TO ezequias;
> > >
> > > My group
> > > CREATE ROLE administradores
> > >   NOSUPERUSER NOINHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE;
> > >
> > > When I try to access the table base.table1 with ezequias login the
> > > pgAdmin reports:
> > > (see attached image)
> > >
> > > Could someone tell me what I did wrong ?
> > > Ezequias
> > >

> > > ---------------------------(end of
> > > broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 5: don't forget to increase
> > > your free space map settings
> ####Schema grants####
>
> CREATE SCHEMA base
>   AUTHORIZATION root;
> GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA base TO root;
> GRANT USAGE ON SCHEMA base TO administrators;
>
> ####Table grants####
> GRANT ALL ON TABLE base."local" TO root;
> GRANT SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT ON TABLE base."local" TO administrators;
>
> Still the same problem. :(

Two things I see.
The first may only be a translation artifact. You have CREATE ROLE
administradores and then GRANT to administrators on the table.
Second in the CREATE ROLE  ezequias you have NOINHERIT. This means  ezequias
does not automatically assume the privileges of the ROLES it belongs to. To
acquire the privileges you have to do a SET ROLE administrators at the
connection.
--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net

Re: [SQL] Grants

От
"Melvin Davidson"
Дата:
Look at your script.

Your syntax is backward.
> GRANT administradores TO ezequias;

Also, you must create the administradores role _BEPORE_ you grant to it/
It should be:
CREATE ROLE administradores NOSUPERUSER NOINHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE;

GRANT ezequias TO administradores ;

That should fix the problem.

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

Re: [SQL] Grants

От
"Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha"
Дата:
Thank you so much. Now everything is ok.

My real best regards

2006/12/2, Melvin Davidson <mdavidson@cctus.com>:
>  Look at your script.
>
> Your syntax is backward.
> > GRANT administradores TO ezequias;
>

> Also, you must create the administradores role _BEPORE_ you grant to it/
> It should be:
> CREATE ROLE administradores
>   NOSUPERUSER NOINHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE;
>
> GRANT ezequias TO administradores ;
>
> That should fix the problem.

Rodriguesda Rocha