Обсуждение: pgAdmin3 1.6.2

pgAdmin3 1.6.2

От
researcher@Safe-mail.net
Дата:
Hello,

I have upgraded to PostgreSQL 8.2.1 and to pgAdmin3 1.6.2. However, I cannot open the postgresql.conf file because it
islocated in /usr/local/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf with PgAdmin3. How can I change the config? For example, I would
liketo set datestyle to 'European, German'. Interesting is, that when logged in to the terminal window as postgres
user,I get the setting as European, German but when looking at the date rows in PgAdmin, it is the conventional US
format.Hm, what is wrong? What should I do?

My system: Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.8

Thank you very much for any help,
best regards,
George

Re: pgAdmin3 1.6.2

От
Dave Page
Дата:
researcher@Safe-mail.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have upgraded to PostgreSQL 8.2.1 and to pgAdmin3 1.6.2. However, I
> cannot open the postgresql.conf file because it is located in
> /usr/local/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf with PgAdmin3.

Because the finder etc. hide /usr? Hmmm...

> How can I change
> the config? For example, I would like to set datestyle to 'European,
> German'.

IF you have the adminpack contrib module installed, you can edit the
config through the server rather than through the local filesystem.

> Interesting is, that when logged in to the terminal window as
> postgres user, I get the setting as European, German but when looking
> at the date rows in PgAdmin, it is the conventional US format. Hm,
> what is wrong? What should I do?

pgAdmin always displays dates in ISO 8601 format.

Regards, Dave.

Re: pgAdmin3 1.6.2

От
Dave Page
Дата:
researcher@safe-mail.net wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Thank you for your prompt response. I have found the module for download at
>
> http://www.nabble.com/Adminpack-contrib-module-t1559450.html
>
> So, I have downloaded to some folder. I got a bit lost because I did not find any information into which directory or
whereI should put the. So, anyway, I 'untared' and tied to run the command in the terminal window but also got the
errormessages (as somehow expected):

> sh-2.05b$ make USE_PGXS=1
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
> sh-2.05b$ make USE_PGXS=1 install
> make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
>
> Where should I put the file?

Adminpack is included with PostgreSQL 8.2.x. You just need to build it
and install it from your PostgreSQL source tree, and run the resulting
SQL script against the postgres database.

Regards, Dave