Обсуждение: Restore dialog

Restore dialog

От
Andy Shellam
Дата:
Hi Dave,

A quick suggestion for PgAdmin's "Restore database" dialog.

When you restore a database, you select your file and options, then
click "OK" and the restore does it's thing and finishes, showing you the
output from pg_restore.
However the button stays as "OK".  So you instinctively click it again
to close the dialog, and it tries to do the restore again - you have to
click Cancel or close the window instead.

Can this be changed so it's like the backup, where you click OK to start
the backup, but once it's finished, the OK button changes to "Done" and
closes the window when you click it.

Thanks

Andy.

Re: Restore dialog

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Andy Shellam wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> A quick suggestion for PgAdmin's "Restore database" dialog.
>
> When you restore a database, you select your file and options, then
> click "OK" and the restore does it's thing and finishes, showing you the
> output from pg_restore. However the button stays as "OK".  So you
> instinctively click it again to close the dialog, and it tries to do the
> restore again - you have to click Cancel or close the window instead.
>
> Can this be changed so it's like the backup, where you click OK to start
> the backup, but once it's finished, the OK button changes to "Done" and
> closes the window when you click it.

Hi Andy,

They actually do work the same - if the external process returns a
non-zero value, it's assumed that you may want to try again with
different options (or having tweaked the database) so the button doesn't
change.

If zero is returned, the button changes to 'Done' because the task
completed successfully.

Regards, Dave

Re: Restore dialog

От
andy.shellam-lists@mailnetwork.co.uk
Дата:
Ah OK thanks for clearing that up.

Whenever I do a restore, it always warns that the plpgsql language is already
present, hence returns with code 1.

Thanks

Andy.

Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Andy Shellam wrote:
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > A quick suggestion for PgAdmin's "Restore database" dialog.
> >
> > When you restore a database, you select your file and options, then
> > click "OK" and the restore does it's thing and finishes, showing you the
> > output from pg_restore. However the button stays as "OK".  So you
> > instinctively click it again to close the dialog, and it tries to do the
> > restore again - you have to click Cancel or close the window instead.
> >
> > Can this be changed so it's like the backup, where you click OK to start
> > the backup, but once it's finished, the OK button changes to "Done" and
> > closes the window when you click it.
>
> Hi Andy,
>
> They actually do work the same - if the external process returns a
> non-zero value, it's assumed that you may want to try again with
> different options (or having tweaked the database) so the button doesn't
> change.
>
> If zero is returned, the button changes to 'Done' because the task
> completed successfully.
>
> Regards, Dave
>
> !DSPAM:37,46486edb343942003256220!

DISCLAIMER

This e-mail was sent through a Mail Network server.
The Mail Network accepts no liability for it's content.