Обсуждение: recover data

recover data

От
Mahmood Ali
Дата:
i am using postgres sql 8.0 in microsoft windows 2003
server. The database in not going connect this message
in apppear "2007-07-19 18:50:07 ERROR  : could not
connect to server: Connection refused
(0x0000274D/10061)Is the server running on host
"127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port
5432?"
How can i connect the databse?
How can i recover my data? I have not backup of few
days.

please guide me
Thanks
Mahmood

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Re: recover data

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 21/07/2007 21:13, Mahmood Ali wrote:

> in apppear "2007-07-19 18:50:07 ERROR  : could not
> connect to server: Connection refused
> (0x0000274D/10061)Is the server running on host
> "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port
> 5432?"

This message means exactly what it says - the client was unable to find
the server. Have you been able to connect to this server before?

Is it actually running? - check in Administrative Tools -> Services
(assuming you installed it as a service).

Have you any sort of firewall between the server and the client? Try
connecting using psql from the command line on the Windows box.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re: recover data

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 26/07/2007 15:22, Mahmood Ali wrote:

> thanks for reply the Administrative -> Tools ->
> Services - is unable to start. my topic is that how
> can we recover data from any postgres sql without
> restore backup.

Hi Mahmood,

Please send replies to the list also, so others can benefit.

Have you tried connecting from the command line, on the server box, with
psql? - in order to establish whether the server is actually running.

psql -U <username> -p <port, if not 5432> <databasename>

Assuming that you can connect in this way, use pg_dump to create a text
dump file of the data.

pg_dump -U <username> -p <port, if not 5432> -d <database> -f <filename>

HTH,

Ray.

rod@iol.ie