Обсуждение: Feature request: copy and quotes

Feature request: copy and quotes

От
"Colin Beckingham"
Дата:
Using Opensuse 11.4 Kernel 3.0, pgadmin 1.12.3

In the query tool, ctrl-C from a highlighted record in a result set produces a
string which quotes strings with double quotes. Postgresql does not seem to
like double quotes in, say, insert requests, so when you build a new insert
request by pasting the clip into a new statement, before the insert works the
double quotes have to be changed to single quotes, then it works.

Would it be possible to have the clip from the result set quoted with single
quotes, or is there a reason this should not happen?

Re: Feature request: copy and quotes

От
Fernando Hevia
Дата:
Not sure if available in v1.12 but in 1.14 you can change the quote character at your leisure from File -> Options -> Query tool -> "Result copy quote character".

Cheers.

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 10:58, Colin Beckingham <colbec@start.ca> wrote:
Using Opensuse 11.4 Kernel 3.0, pgadmin 1.12.3

In the query tool, ctrl-C from a highlighted record in a result set produces a
string which quotes strings with double quotes. Postgresql does not seem to
like double quotes in, say, insert requests, so when you build a new insert
request by pasting the clip into a new statement, before the insert works the
double quotes have to be changed to single quotes, then it works.

Would it be possible to have the clip from the result set quoted with single
quotes, or is there a reason this should not happen?

Re: Feature request: copy and quotes

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On Sun, 2011-08-28 at 00:46 -0300, Fernando Hevia wrote:
> Not sure if available in v1.12 but in 1.14 you can change the quote
> character at your leisure from File -> Options -> Query tool -> "Result copy
> quote character".

It was already available in previous releases.

--
Guillaume http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info http://www.dalibo.com

Re: Feature request: copy and quotes

От
Colin Beckingham
Дата:
On 08/27/2011 11:46 PM, Fernando Hevia wrote:
> Not sure if available in v1.12 but in 1.14 you can change the quote
> character at your leisure from File -> Options -> Query tool -> "Result
> copy quote character".
>
> Cheers.
>
> On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 10:58, Colin Beckingham <colbec@start.ca
> <mailto:colbec@start.ca>> wrote:
>
>     Using Opensuse 11.4 Kernel 3.0, pgadmin 1.12.3
>
>     In the query tool, ctrl-C from a highlighted record in a result set
>     produces a
>     string which quotes strings with double quotes. Postgresql does not
>     seem to
>     like double quotes in, say, insert requests, so when you build a new
>     insert
>     request by pasting the clip into a new statement, before the insert
>     works the
>     double quotes have to be changed to single quotes, then it works.
>
>     Would it be possible to have the clip from the result set quoted
>     with single
>     quotes, or is there a reason this should not happen?
>
>     --

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. Works like a charm.

--
---
Colin Beckingham