Обсуждение: Feature: Object Browser Open Quickly

Feature: Object Browser Open Quickly

От
Eike Dierks
Дата:
HI everyone reading pg-admin-support

I'd like to suggest a new feature to improve the usability of pgAdmin.

Some of you might know XCode, the IDE from Apple.
They have a feature called "Open Quickly"
I believe such a feature would also be very helpful in pgAdmin.

Open Quickly brings up a dialog with an input field and a list below.
Upon typing into the input field a set of matching items is displayed in the list.

In Xcode this is used to open files, but in pgAdmin it should be used to navigate to items in the Object Browser.

For example if you type: cust
It should display something likecustomers (Table)customer_name (Column)customer_id (Column)customer_id_pk (FK
Constraint)customer_id_seq(Sequence)customer_view (View)

and upon selecting an item from the list, it should open up the Object Browser at the respective item.

Re: Feature: Object Browser Open Quickly

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On Sat, 2013-06-29 at 00:17 +0200, Eike Dierks wrote:
> HI everyone reading pg-admin-support
>
> I'd like to suggest a new feature to improve the usability of pgAdmin.
>
> Some of you might know XCode, the IDE from Apple.
> They have a feature called "Open Quickly"
> I believe such a feature would also be very helpful in pgAdmin.
>
> Open Quickly brings up a dialog with an input field and a list below.
> Upon typing into the input field a set of matching items is displayed in the list.
>
> In Xcode this is used to open files, but in pgAdmin it should be used to navigate to items in the Object Browser.
>
> For example if you type: cust
> It should display something like
>     customers (Table)
>     customer_name (Column)
>     customer_id (Column)
>     customer_id_pk (FK Constraint)
>     customer_id_seq (Sequence)
>     customer_view (View)
>
> and upon selecting an item from the list, it should open up the Object Browser at the respective item.

Yeah, that would be awesome. I don't want to be the one coding that
though :)

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info