Обсуждение: Feature patches and Postgres minor versions

Feature patches and Postgres minor versions

От
Herouth Maoz
Дата:
I looked at the patches directory, and saw the "feature patch" there
intended to add 'LIMIT' to the syntax of SELECT.

According to the README, feature patches add functionality, which is
something minor versions (like 6.4.1) will not do. So there are two
separate paths of upgrade here - bug fixes (through the minor versions) and
feature enhancement.

My question - how can I do both? The patch is supposed to be applied to a
clean 6.4. If I upgrade to 6.4.1, do I have to give up the extra
functionality? Or will there be a new version of the feature patch to be
applied to 6.4.1?

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma

Re: [ADMIN] Feature patches and Postgres minor versions

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, Herouth Maoz wrote:

> I looked at the patches directory, and saw the "feature patch" there
> intended to add 'LIMIT' to the syntax of SELECT.
>
> According to the README, feature patches add functionality, which is
> something minor versions (like 6.4.1) will not do. So there are two
> separate paths of upgrade here - bug fixes (through the minor versions) and
> feature enhancement.
>
> My question - how can I do both? The patch is supposed to be applied to a
> clean 6.4. If I upgrade to 6.4.1, do I have to give up the extra
> functionality? Or will there be a new version of the feature patch to be
> applied to 6.4.1?

    There will be a newer version put out for v6.4.1 ...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org