Обсуждение: COPY

COPY

От
"Wierzbicki, Ralf"
Дата:
Hello,

    I think I asked this question before but will try again.
I deal a lot with importing text files into my psql database and
quite often there are bad records in those files.  'COPY' will
abort the process whenever it encounters bad data.  Is there any
way to make 'COPY' skip bad records and continue with the import
process rather than abort the entire thing?

Thanks in advance.

--
Ralf

Re: COPY

От
Edward Chase
Дата:
Not knowing exactly what your doing and what psql is considering "bad",
have you thought about pre-processing your files first and eliminating
these bad records before importing them into your database?

At 10:28 AM 3/31/2000 -0500, Ralf wrote:

>Hello,
>
>    I think I asked this question before but will try again.
>I deal a lot with importing text files into my psql database and
>quite often there are bad records in those files.  'COPY' will
>abort the process whenever it encounters bad data.  Is there any
>way to make 'COPY' skip bad records and continue with the import
>process rather than abort the entire thing?
>
>Thanks in advance.

 Edward F. Chase III     |   echase@providence.edu
 Providence College      |   http://www.providence.edu
 Computer Services       |   http://studentweb.providence.edu