Обсуждение: ...

"khalid Gaffar"
Дата:
During the installation of PostgreSQL , I execute the initdb command using
the postgres user account.  I get the following error message:

pg_encoding: error in loading shared libraries: pg_encoding: undefined
symbol: pg_char_to_encoding

We are initializing the database system with username postgres (uid=26).
This user will own all the files and must also own the server process.

Creating Postgres database system directory /usr/local/pgsql/data

Creating Postgres database system directory usr/local/pgsql/data/base

Creating template database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1

Creating global classes in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base
Adding template1 database to pg_database...
ERROR: pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse "template1"
ERROR: pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse "template1"
     syntax error 1 : parse errorinitdb: could not log template database
initdb: cleaning up.

Your assistance in resolving this would be greatly appreciated

Thank you.

Khalid

RE:

От
"Michael B. Babakov"
Дата:
On 20-Dec-00 khalid Gaffar wrote:
> During the installation of PostgreSQL , I execute the initdb command using
> the postgres user account.  I get the following error message:
>
> pg_encoding: error in loading shared libraries: pg_encoding: undefined
> symbol: pg_char_to_encoding

 How you make initdb? With `-E` option?

 If you use `-E` - don't use this option. If need encoding - read
doc/README.mb.

I'm use next shell script for configure:
=== postgres_conf.sh ===
#!/bin/sh

./configure --with-perl --with-odbc \
        --with-tcl --with-tclconfig=/usr/local/lib/tcl8.3 \
        --with-tkconfig=/usr/local/lib/tk8.3 \
        --with-includes=/usr/local/include/tk8.3 \
!!!>>>        --enable-locale --enable-multibyte=KOI8 \
        --with-CC=gcc --with-CXX=gcc
=== postgres_conf.sh ===
(need remove symbols "!!!>>>" !)

 Rebuild and reinstall PostgreSQL.