Обсуждение: pg_dump failed

pg_dump failed

От
"Gaetano Mendola"
Дата:
Hi all,
performing a pg_dump I obtain this error

$ pg_dump empdb > dacan.sql
getTables(): SELECT (for VIEW DEFINITION) failed.  Explanation from backend:
ERROR:  cache lookup for proc 117968 failed

Anyone have an idea ?

Ciao
Gaetano

--
#exclude <windows>
#include <CSRSS>

Re: pg_dump failed

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Tue, 7 May 2002, Gaetano Mendola wrote:

> Hi all,
> performing a pg_dump I obtain this error
>
> $ pg_dump empdb > dacan.sql
> getTables(): SELECT (for VIEW DEFINITION) failed.  Explanation from backend:
> ERROR:  cache lookup for proc 117968 failed
>

> Anyone have an idea ?

Is it possible that you've got a view referencing a deleted function?
Turning on query logging and seeing what it was trying to do immediately
before the message is probably advisable.

Re: pg_dump failed

От
"Gaetano Mendola"
Дата:
"Stephan Szabo" <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 7 May 2002, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > performing a pg_dump I obtain this error
> >
> > $ pg_dump empdb > dacan.sql
> > getTables(): SELECT (for VIEW DEFINITION) failed.  Explanation from
backend:
> > ERROR:  cache lookup for proc 117968 failed
> >

> > Anyone have an idea ?
>
> Is it possible that you've got a view referencing a deleted function?
> Turning on query logging and seeing what it was trying to do immediately
> before the message is probably advisable.

I did,
may be is a good idea put on that message which view is wrong, or anyway
skip the view with just a warning message.

Ciao
Gaetano