Обсуждение: Linux PostgreSQL to Windows PostgreSQL

Linux PostgreSQL to Windows PostgreSQL

От
Sudhakar Kurumella
Дата:
Hello,

We have to move from Linux based PostgreSQL to Windows based PostgreSQL. Highly appreciated for Any ideas of smooth export/import options.

thanks,
kuru

Do you Yahoo!?

Re: Linux PostgreSQL to Windows PostgreSQL

От
"Vishal Kashyap @ [SaiHertz]"
Дата:
Hi  ,

> We have to move from Linux based PostgreSQL to Windows based PostgreSQL.
> Highly appreciated for Any ideas of smooth export/import

On Linux

1. Backup everything make a file system bacup of the PostgreSQL
database (plz make sutre to shut down PostgreSQL before doing this)
2. Backup data.
3. Backup Schema

Windows Install PostgreSQL

1. Restore schema in new system from the backup
2. Restore database from backup
3. Run PostgreSQL.

Note: Your both post must have gone to Novice list

--
With Best Regards,
Vishal Kashyap.

Re: Linux PostgreSQL to Windows PostgreSQL

От
Gustavo Franklin Nóbrega - PLANAE
Дата:
Bad bad idea..

Sudhakar Kurumella wrote:

> Hello,
> We have to move from Linux based PostgreSQL to Windows based
> PostgreSQL. Highly appreciated for Any ideas of smooth export/import
> options.
> thanks,
> kuru

Atenciosamente,

Gustavo Franklin Nóbrega
Infraestrutura e Banco de Dados
Planae Tecnologia da Informação
(+55) 14 3224-3066 Ramal 209
www.planae.com.br

Re: Linux PostgreSQL to Windows PostgreSQL

От
"Matthew T. O'Connor"
Дата:
Sudhakar Kurumella wrote:

> We have to move from Linux based PostgreSQL to Windows based
> PostgreSQL. Highly appreciated for Any ideas of smooth export/import
> options.

You do know that the native windows version of PostgreSQL is still only
in Beta.  The cygwin port has never really been considered production
quality.  There are a few commercial vendors that offer windows
versions, you could give them a try.

Re: Linux PostgreSQL to Windows PostgreSQL

От
CoL
Дата:
hi,

Sudhakar Kurumella wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have to move from Linux based PostgreSQL to Windows based PostgreSQL.
> Highly appreciated for Any ideas of smooth export/import options.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/interactive/migration.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/interactive/backup.html

C.