Обсуждение: Replication, HA ...?

Replication, HA ...?

От
Andreas Kraftl
Дата:
Hello,

I have a webserver with postgresql. I would have a backup from this
database. It should also be possible to query this backup solution.
So I think slony would be a good choice. Am I right?

Thanks for answers
Andreas
--
Kraftl EDV - Dienstleistungen
Schulungen, Linux, Linuxlösungen, Webprogrammierung

Re: Replication, HA ...?

От
CZUCZY Gergely
Дата:
Check out cybercluster at http://www.postgresql.at/
It's free, however the support can cost a bit. But the software itself is free,
and it's built on postgresql8.2.

--
Üdvölettel,

Czuczy Gergely
Harmless Digital Bt
mailto: gergely.czuczy@harmless.hu
Tel: +36-30-9702963

Вложения

Re: Replication, HA ...?

От
Vishal Arora

YOu can also check out PgPool II http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/

you can get parallel querying and stand by solutions using pgpool II. it also offers HA & LB solutions.

> Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:55:23 +0200
> From: phoemix@harmless.hu
> To: andreas.kraftl@kraftl.at
> CC: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
> Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Replication, HA ...?
>
> Check out cybercluster at http://www.postgresql.at/
> It's free, however the support can cost a bit. But the software itself is free,
> and it's built on postgresql8.2.
>
> On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 09:46:57 +0200
> Andreas Kraftl <andreas.kraftl@kraftl.at> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a webserver with postgresql. I would have a backup from this
> > database. It should also be possible to query this backup solution.
> > So I think slony would be a good choice. Am I right?
> >
> > Thanks for answers
> > Andreas
>

> --
> Üdvölettel,
>
> Czuczy Gergely
> Harmless Digital Bt
> mailto: gergely.czuczy@harmless.hu
> Tel: +36-30-9702963

Placements ? No Problem. Register Here! Try it!

Re: Replication, HA ...?

От
Marcin Kasperski
Дата:
> I have a webserver with postgresql. I would have a backup from this
> database. It should also be possible to query this backup solution.
> So I think slony would be a good choice. Am I right?

Slony will replicate the data from selected tables for you, and the
replicated database will be available for queries. So it will work for
you unless you face performance limits, or have some problem with
asynchronous updates, or find Slony setup to be too difficult.