Обсуждение: Questions about moving a restoring a dump from 8.1.11 to 8.2.16

Questions about moving a restoring a dump from 8.1.11 to 8.2.16

От
"Dai, Tino"

Hi!

    I shut down the database to upgrade from 8.1.11 to 8.2.16. We use pg_dump

to dump and psql with the < sign to restore. But I had a problem with restoring the

dump. I got a

ERROR:  function "snb_ru_init(internal)" does not exist

CONTEXT:  COPY pg_ts_dict, line 3, column dict_init: "snb_ru_init(internal)"

and I found this page on how to fix it:

http://www.penguinlinux.com/blog/lamp/tsearch2-with-postgresql-82-errors/

Except I don't understand the steps that author has laid out.  Especially

step 3.

Could some step me through this or do anybody have a better way to upgrade to

postgres 8.2.16?

Thanks,

Tino

Re: Questions about moving a restoring a dump from 8.1.11 to 8.2.16

Дата:
"Dai, Tino" <tdai@loc.gov> writes:
>     I shut down the database to upgrade from 8.1.11 to 8.2.16. We use pg_dump
> to dump and psql with the < sign to restore. But I had a problem with restoring the
> dump. I got a

> ERROR:  function "snb_ru_init(internal)" does not exist
> CONTEXT:  COPY pg_ts_dict, line 3, column dict_init: "snb_ru_init(internal)"

Is that really the first error you got?  It looks like you've neglected
to provide contrib/tsearch2 in the new installation.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Questions about moving a restoring a dump from 8.1.11 to 8.2.16

От
"Dai, Tino"
Дата:
Hi Tom,

> Is that really the first error you got?  It looks like you've neglected
> to provide contrib/tsearch2 in the new installation.

I actually double checked that I did have the tsearch2.so in my pgsql/lib directory.
What I was doing was not running the tsearch2.sql in the share/contrib directory. Rather
I was dumping and the directly restoring into the 8.2 database.

What I did do was to import the share/contrib/tsearch2.sql into my database and then restore the dump
after that. I noticed some errors about not being able to create and modify the pg_ts_* tables
but didn't worry about that. It looked like all the tables are in and the pg_ts_* tables look good
too (compared them to the 8.1.11 pg_ts_* tables).

Thanks!
-Tino