Обсуждение: Getting the initdb parameter values

Getting the initdb parameter values

От
"Satish Burnwal (sburnwal)"

I have an existing postgres database and I want to know what are the values of the parameters that were determined during initdb. Is there any way to know those values ? For example, doc http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/runtime-config-resource.html says that the max value of ‘shared_buffers’ parameter is determined during initdb. Is there any pg_* table which I look into for such params ?

Re: Getting the initdb parameter values

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
"Satish Burnwal (sburnwal)" <sburnwal@cisco.com> wrote:

> I have an existing postgres database and I want to know what are
> the values of the parameters that were determined during initdb.
> Is there any way to know those values ?

> Is there any pg_* table which I look into for such params?

There is:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/view-pg-settings.html

You could also look in the postgresql.conf file or use the SHOW
command.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/runtime-config-file-locations.html

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/sql-show.html

-Kevin

Re: Getting the initdb parameter values

От
Greg Smith
Дата:
Satish Burnwal (sburnwal) wrote:

> I have an existing postgres database and I want to know what are the
> values of the parameters that were determined during initdb. Is there
> any way to know those values ?

I normally use:

select name,current_setting(name) from pg_settings where
source='configuration file'

To figure out all the things that were set at initdb time from a new
running database.  You can also look at the postgresql.conf file it
generated and search for lines that are not commented out with "#" at
the start.

Re: Getting the initdb parameter values

От
Julio Leyva