From: Ozer, Pam <pozer@automotive.com>
Subject: [ADMIN] Cannot connect to database
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Date: Wednesday, October 13, 2010, 4:48 PM

All of a sudden yesterday my Postgres Service stopped on my local connection.  I was able to restart the service in PGAdmin but now I can’t connect to the database through PGAdmin.  My application can still connect but I can’t.  It keeps asking for my password and I enter it but it keeps saying authentication failed.  Is there anyway around this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pam

try to connect to console with postgres user and change the password of database user

Re: Cannot connect to database

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 13/10/2010 18:48, Ozer, Pam a écrit :

> All of a sudden yesterday my Postgres Service stopped on my local
> connection.  I was able to restart the service in PGAdmin but now I
> can't connect to the database through PGAdmin.  My application can still
> connect but I can't.  It keeps asking for my password and I enter it but
> it keeps saying authentication failed.  Is there anyway around this?

Without the exact error message, not sure we could tell you anything.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr