Обсуждение: migrate from PostgreSQL to Oracle

migrate from PostgreSQL to Oracle

От
jo
Дата:
Hi all,

I'm working with same db schema in PostgreSQL and Oracle,
We mainly work in PostgreSQL but sometimes we need to copy schema and data from pg to oracle
because some our customers want to use oracle instead of pg.

Thus I'm looking for some linux script to migrate from pg to oracle.
At the moment, I dump data from pg using pg_dump in the format:
INSERT INTO table (columns) (values)
then I load it into the Oracle db using cx_Oracle
this procedure is so slow, and sometimes I have to edit and modify
data manually, because some INSERT format aren't compatible.
Is there any interesting linux script to do this more easily? something like the ora2pg script.

thanks

Re: migrate from PostgreSQL to Oracle

От
Gabriele Bartolini
Дата:
Il 25/10/12 15:29, jo ha scritto:
> Is there any interesting linux script to do this more easily?
> something like the ora2pg script.
Have you tried searching for pg2ora on Google?

Cheers,
Gabriele

--
  Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia
  gabriele.bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it | www.2ndQuadrant.it

Re: migrate from PostgreSQL to Oracle

От
jo
Дата:
Gabriele Bartolini wrote:
> Il 25/10/12 15:29, jo ha scritto:
>> Is there any interesting linux script to do this more easily?
>> something like the ora2pg script.
> Have you tried searching for pg2ora on Google?
>
> Cheers,
> Gabriele

Yes Gabriele,
this was the first thing that I did, but I did not find anything
interesting.
Thanks anyway.

Re: migrate from PostgreSQL to Oracle

От
Walter Hurry
Дата:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 15:29:29 +0200, jo wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm working with same db schema in PostgreSQL and Oracle,
> We mainly work in PostgreSQL but sometimes we need to copy schema and
> data from pg to oracle because some our customers want to use oracle
> instead of pg.
>
> Thus I'm looking for some linux script to migrate from pg to oracle.
> At the moment, I dump data from pg using pg_dump in the format:
> INSERT INTO table (columns) (values)
> then I load it into the Oracle db using cx_Oracle this procedure is so
> slow, and sometimes I have to edit and modify data manually, because
> some INSERT format aren't compatible.
> Is there any interesting linux script to do this more easily? something
> like the ora2pg script.

If the schemata are truly the same, I'd use 'copy to' a CSV file on the
Postgres side, then SQL*Loader to put it into Oracle. Easily scriptable.

For maximum speed, use 'copy to on the server side; *not* psql, and
(assuming that the data is clean), direct path for SQL*Loader.