Обсуждение: initdb on Alpha dies with spinlock errors

initdb on Alpha dies with spinlock errors

От
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Дата:
Carl Perry (caperry@spooz.com) reports a bug with a severity of 1

Short Description
initdb on Alpha dies with spinlock errors

Long Description
Compiled PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on my 21164 Alpha running SuSE 6.4 AXP.  Compiled fine, but when trying to run initdb I
recievethe following output:
This database system will be initialized with username "postgres".
This user will own all the data files and must also own the server process.

Creating database system directory /home/postgres/data
Creating database system directory /home/postgres/data/base
Creating database XLOG directory /home/postgres/data/pg_xlog
Creating template database in /home/postgres/data/base/template1
[ED: 30 second pause here]
FATAL: s_lock(202f29b0) at spin.c:116, stuck spinlock. Aborting.

FATAL: s_lock(202f29b0) at spin.c:116, stuck spinlock. Aborting.

initdb failed.
Removing /home/postgres/data.
Removing temp file /tmp/initdb.13925.

Compiled using egcs-1.1.2, rest is SuSE 6.4 stock.  Running on 2.4.0-test11-ac4.  Any ideas?

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report

Re: initdb on Alpha dies with spinlock errors

Дата:
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> initdb on Alpha dies with spinlock errors

Make sure it's compiled -O0.

We're hoping to clean up the Alpha portability problems for 7.1,
but 7.0.* won't work very well on Alpha without -O0 :-(

            regards, tom lane

Re: initdb on Alpha dies with spinlock errors

От
Lamar Owen
Tom Lane wrote:

> pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> > initdb on Alpha dies with spinlock errors
>
> Make sure it's compiled -O0.
>
> We're hoping to clean up the Alpha portability problems for 7.1,
> but 7.0.* won't work very well on Alpha without -O0 :-(

Or Ryan Kirkpatrick's patches.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio