Обсуждение: psql dumps core when entering invalid backslash command

psql dumps core when entering invalid backslash command

От
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Дата:
Lukas Ertl (l.ertl@univie.ac.at) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
psql dumps core when entering invalid backslash command

Long Description
PostgreSQL v. 7.1.1., running on FreeBSD 4.3, standard installation via the ports collection.

When entering an invalid backslash command in psql (like "\m"), psql dumps core, psql gives error "Invalid command",
butthen dumps core.

Sample Code
httplog=# \m
Invalid command \m. Try \? for help.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

No file was uploaded with this report

Re: psql dumps core when entering invalid backslash command

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
> Lukas Ertl (l.ertl@univie.ac.at) reports a bug with a severity of 2

> PostgreSQL v. 7.1.1., running on FreeBSD 4.3, standard installation via the ports collection.
>
> When entering an invalid backslash command in psql (like "\m"), psql dumps core, psql gives error "Invalid command",
butthen dumps core.

> Sample Code
> httplog=# \m
> Invalid command \m. Try \? for help.
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Upgrade to 7.1.2 when it comes out or get the latest from the 7.1 branch
from CVS.

Re: psql dumps core when entering invalid backslash command

Дата:
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> psql dumps core when entering invalid backslash command

Yup, known bug inadvertently introduced in 7.1.1, already fixed for 7.1.2.

(Hey Marc, where is 7.1.2 anyway?)

            regards, tom lane

Re: psql dumps core when entering invalid backslash command

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
> pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> > psql dumps core when entering invalid backslash command
>
> Yup, known bug inadvertently introduced in 7.1.1, already fixed for 7.1.2.
>
> (Hey Marc, where is 7.1.2 anyway?)

We were waiting on some optimizer change, I thought.  I don't remember
the specifics but I thought it had to do with UNION plans.  Also, there
was some talk of waiting to get a port added (QNX?).

Re: psql dumps core when entering invalid backslash command

От
Lukas Ertl
Дата:
On Mon, 21 May 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> > Lukas Ertl (l.ertl@univie.ac.at) reports a bug with a severity of 2
> >
> > Sample Code
> > httplog=# \m
> > Invalid command \m. Try \? for help.
> > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> Upgrade to 7.1.2 when it comes out or get the latest from the 7.1 branch
> from CVS.

When is 7.1.2 planned to be released?

regards,
le

--
Lukas Ertl                          eMail: l.ertl@univie.ac.at
WWW-Redaktion                       Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073

Re: psql dumps core when entering invalid backslash command

Дата:
>> (Hey Marc, where is 7.1.2 anyway?)

> We were waiting on some optimizer change, I thought.  I don't remember
> the specifics but I thought it had to do with UNION plans.

No such issue pending that I know of.

            regards, tom lane