Обсуждение: Bug #537: In Red Hat don't open port 5432 and PostgreSql don't work.

Bug #537: In Red Hat don't open port 5432 and PostgreSql don't work.

От
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Дата:
Roger (rogermg@teleline.es) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
In Red Hat don't open port 5432 and PostgreSql don't work.

Long Description
Hi!

I recently installing Red Hat 7.2. One of RPM were your PostgreSql. I thing that there is a bug in the instalallation.
Packetis installed correctly with no error messages. When I try to init server by (etc/init.d/postgresql start) the
Linuxsays all is OK. But when I make a port Scan the PostfreSql Port (5432) is not openened and PostMaster process is
running.So PostgreSql don't work because I can not connect to databases... In redHat 7.1 all was ok.... But 7.2....

--
Roger

PD: Sorry for my english.

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report

Re: Bug #537: In Red Hat don't open port 5432 and PostgreSql

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org wrote:

> Roger (rogermg@teleline.es) reports a bug with a severity of 2
>
> Short Description
> In Red Hat don't open port 5432 and PostgreSql don't work.
>
> Long Description
> Hi!
>  I recently installing Red Hat 7.2. One of RPM were your PostgreSql. I
> thing that there is a bug in the instalallation. Packet is installed
> correctly with no error messages. When I try to init server by
> (etc/init.d/postgresql start) the Linux says all is OK. But when I
> make a port Scan the PostfreSql Port (5432) is not openened and
> PostMaster process is running. So PostgreSql don't work because I can
> not connect to databases... In redHat 7.1 all was ok.... But 7.2....

What version of PostgreSQL is it?  I believe between PostgreSQL 7.0 and
PostgreSQL 7.1 the default was changed on install to not open the port
for security reasons. You'll probably need to edit the postgresql.conf
file to turn it on (tcpip_socket = true) and may need to edit the
pg_hba.conf to set up your security rules.

Re: Bug #537: In Red Hat don't open port 5432 and PostgreSql don't work.

От
"Rob Arnold"
Дата:
You probably need to configure your firewall. RedHat 7.2 installs, by
default, with firewall settings that do not allow access to most ports.

root@localhost> /usr/sbin/setup

Then select firewall setup and add ports 5432:tcp and (possibly) 5432:udp
manually.

--rob

P.S.  I admire your English. At least you can speak another language.

> In Red Hat don't open port 5432 and PostgreSql don't work.
>
> Long Description
> Hi!
>
> I recently installing Red Hat 7.2. One of RPM were your PostgreSql. I
thing that there is a bug in the instalallation. Packet is installed
correctly with no error messages. When I try to init server by
(etc/init.d/postgresql start) the Linux says all is OK. But when I make a
port Scan the PostfreSql Port (5432) is not openened and PostMaster process
is running. So PostgreSql don't work because I can not connect to
databases... In redHat 7.1 all was ok.... But 7.2....

> --
> Roger
>
> PD: Sorry for my english.
>
> Sample Code
>

> No file was uploaded with this report

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Bug #537: In Red Hat don't open port 5432 and PostgreSql

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Thursday 13 December 2001 06:24 pm, Stephan Szabo wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org wrote:
> > Roger (rogermg@teleline.es) reports a bug with a severity of 2
> > The lower the number the more severe it is.

> > Short Description
> > In Red Hat don't open port 5432 and PostgreSql don't work.

> > Long Description
> > Hi!
> >  I recently installing Red Hat 7.2. One of RPM were your PostgreSql. I
> > thing that there is a bug in the instalallation. Packet is installed

> What version of PostgreSQL is it?  I believe between PostgreSQL 7.0 and
> PostgreSQL 7.1 the default was changed on install to not open the port
> for security reasons. You'll probably need to edit the postgresql.conf
> file to turn it on (tcpip_socket = true) and may need to edit the
> pg_hba.conf to set up your security rules.

Red Hat 7.2 comes with PostgreSQL 7.1.3.  And, as Stephan has already said,
this is intentional behavior.  Edit postgresql.conf as he suggests, and port
5432 will show in the portscan.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio