Обсуждение: Bug #770: 7.2.1 --> 7.2.2 =? Problems with speed

Bug #770: 7.2.1 --> 7.2.2 =? Problems with speed

От
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Дата:
Tamerlan (shternlib@mtu-net.ru) reports a bug with a severity of 1

Short Description
7.2.1 --> 7.2.2 =? Problems with speed

Long Description
Hello, I updated my PostgreSQL 7.2.1 to 7.2.2.
Now I have problems with the speed. It's very very slow.
When I used 7.2.1 - there was good speed even for my Sybase reposytory, placed in the Internet (I have my server hosted
inBelgium and I'm from Moscow)
Now when I use pgAdmin it tooks me several minutes to get information about database from local (home)
server(PIII866/256);when I use PowerDesigner (Repository) it tooks me 1,5-2hour to consolidate small model.

Help me, please. I don't know what to do.

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report

Re: Bug #770: 7.2.1 --> 7.2.2 =? Problems with speed

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> Hello, I updated my PostgreSQL 7.2.1 to 7.2.2. Now I have problems
> with the speed. It's very very slow.

AFAIK, there were no changes from 7.2.1 to 7.2.2 that should
significantly effect performance, either positively or
negatively. Have you configured PostgreSQL in the same way? Can you
provide more information on the exact nature of the performance
degradation?

> When I used 7.2.1 - there was good speed even for my Sybase
> reposytory, placed in the Internet (I have my server hosted in
> Belgium and I'm from Moscow) Now when I use pgAdmin it tooks me
> several minutes to get information about database from local (home)
> server(PIII866/256); when I use PowerDesigner (Repository) it tooks
> me 1,5-2hour to consolidate small model.

Sounds like the version of Postgres is the least of your worries.

Cheers,

Neil

Re: Bug #770: 7.2.1 --> 7.2.2 =? Problems with speed

От
Yury Bokhoncovich
Дата:
Hello!

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org wrote:

> Long Description
> Hello, I updated my PostgreSQL 7.2.1 to 7.2.2.
> Now I have problems with the speed. It's very very slow.
Mmm...what is your way to backup? RPMs? Did you ever do vacuum after?

--
WBR, Yury Bokhoncovich, Senior System Administrator, NOC of F1 Group.
Phone: +7 (3832) 106228, ext.140, E-mail: byg@center-f1.ru.