Обсуждение: Transactions and exceptions; trailing spaces in byteas

Transactions and exceptions; trailing spaces in byteas

От
Troels Arvin
Дата:
Hello,

At http://ldbc.sourceforge.net/html/databases.html (see bottom of the
page), two problems in PostgreSQL are mentioned.

To me, it seems that the author is right: PostgreSQL's handling of
exceptions in transactions and trailing spaces in BYTEAs are buggy.

--
Greetings from Troels Arvin, Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Transactions and exceptions; trailing spaces in byteas

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003, Troels Arvin wrote:

> At http://ldbc.sourceforge.net/html/databases.html (see bottom of the
> page), two problems in PostgreSQL are mentioned.
>
> To me, it seems that the author is right: PostgreSQL's handling of
> exceptions in transactions and trailing spaces in BYTEAs are buggy.

I cannot reproduce the bytea on 7.3 or 7.4 when properly encoding a
zero byte (\\000).  If they were being sent as \000 you probably would get
that behavior however.

As for the transactions, if you're interested, read past discussions.