Обсуждение: upcoming 7.4 relaese: absent recode() function ?

upcoming 7.4 relaese: absent recode() function ?

От
Ruslan A Dautkhanov
Дата:
>From the latest pgsql-announce@postgresql.org
message
> The --enable-recode feature was removed due to its brokenness with
> the IPv6 changes and an apparent lack of anyone actually using it.

Is this mean, that PostgresSQL will not have recode() futher ?
Some my programs use following form of the recode:
    recode('...', 'Windows-1251', 'KOI8-R')
to convert posted users' files into my base charset KOI8-R, if the files' content have another charset
and save them into DB...

How can I install recode() function for 7.4 release ?

--
 best regards,
Ruslan A Dautkhanov  rusland@scn.ru

Re: upcoming 7.4 relaese: absent recode() function ?

Дата:
Ruslan A Dautkhanov <rusland@scn.ru> writes:
> Is this mean, that PostgresSQL will not have recode() futher ?

That's right.  Use the more general character-set-conversion
functionality, instead.

            regards, tom lane

Re: upcoming 7.4 relaese: absent recode() function ?

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Also, Tom, we had this item on TODO for a while, so people were using it
in the past, they would have squaked about the idea of removing it:

    * -Remove Cyrillic recode support