Обсуждение: OSX problem with make check...

OSX problem with make check...

От
Theodore Petrosky
Дата:
I just updated to OS X 10.3.5 and Xcode 1.5

my configure was

./configure --with-rendezvous
make

this is the error I get with 'make check'. I don't
know if it's my fault but i read all the install docs
and didn't see that I need to do anything special for
the 'make check'...

dyld:
/Users/postgres/software/postgresql-8.0.0beta1/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/install//usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb
can't open library: /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.3.dylib
 (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

Ted

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: OSX problem with make check...

Дата:
Adam Witney <awitney@sghms.ac.uk> writes:
> Ah, setting DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH does the trick

Great.  I'll add that to pg_regress.sh.

> I notice that it has never built a .dylib library before... In 7.4.x I have
> always had a libpq.so library. Is this new?

Yup.

            regards, tom lane

Re: OSX problem with make check...

Дата:
Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5@yahoo.com> writes:
> this is the error I get with 'make check'.

> dyld:
> /Users/postgres/software/postgresql-8.0.0beta1/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/install//usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb
> can't open library: /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.3.dylib
>  (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

Depending on how sticky the OS is about shared library paths, you may
have to do "make install" (at least for the main libraries such as
libpq) before you can "make check".  Otherwise the libraries will not
be where the executables look for them.

pg_regress.sh tries to deal with this by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
but evidently that doesn't work on OS X.  Do you know any other similar
incantation that does work?

            regards, tom lane

Re: OSX problem with make check...

От
Theodore Petrosky
Дата:
I hope we are okay with this... I tried your path and
it didn't work ... I am in bash so I did:

export env
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/postgres/software/postgresql-8.0.0beta1/src/interfaces/libpq

Let me know if there is something else I could try.

Ted

--- Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Adam Witney <awitney@sghms.ac.uk> writes:
> > Ah, setting DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH does the trick
>
> Great.  I'll add that to pg_regress.sh.
>
> > I notice that it has never built a .dylib library
> before... In 7.4.x I have
> > always had a libpq.so library. Is this new?
>
> Yup.
>
>             regards, tom lane

> cleanly

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: OSX problem with make check...

От
Theodore Petrosky
Дата:
This was my bad.... I thought I did what you suggested
however looking through the terminal history I see
that I left out part of the path. The export env works
beautifully for me.

Thanks,

Ted

--- Adam Witney <awitney@sghms.ac.uk> wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand you, but you are saying
> that it is not working for
> you, right? Try setting it to
>
> export env

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/postgres/software/postgresql-8.0.0beta1/src/test/re
> gress/tmp_check/install/usr/local/pgsql/lib/
>

> adam
>

> > I hope we are okay with this... I tried your path
> and
> > it didn't work ... I am in bash so I did:
> >
> > export env

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/postgres/software/postgresql-8.0.0beta1/src/interface
> > s/libpq
> >
> > Let me know if there is something else I could
> try.
> >
> > Ted
> >
> > --- Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> >> Great.  I'll add that to pg_regress.sh.

> library
> >> before... In 7.4.x I have
> >>
> >> Yup.
> >>
> >> regards, tom lane

> >> cleanly

> > Yahoo! Mail is new and improved - Check it out!
> > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
>

> --
> believed to be clean.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: OSX problem with make check...

От
Adam Witney
Дата:
On 10/8/04 10:19 pm, "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5@yahoo.com> writes:
>> this is the error I get with 'make check'.
>
>> dyld:
>> /Users/postgres/software/postgresql-8.0.0beta1/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/i
>> nstall//usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb
>> can't open library: /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.3.dylib
>>  (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
>
> Depending on how sticky the OS is about shared library paths, you may
> have to do "make install" (at least for the main libraries such as
> libpq) before you can "make check".  Otherwise the libraries will not
> be where the executables look for them.
>
> pg_regress.sh tries to deal with this by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
> but evidently that doesn't work on OS X.  Do you know any other similar
> incantation that does work?

Ah, setting DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH does the trick

setenv DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/local/install/postgresql-8.0.0beta1/src/test/regress/tmp_check/install/
usr/local/pgsql/lib/

Now it just fails geometry as described in Michael Glaesemann's previous
post.

I notice that it has never built a .dylib library before... In 7.4.x I have
always had a libpq.so library. Is this new?

Thanks

adam

believed to be clean.

Re: OSX problem with make check...