Обсуждение: PANIC: ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded

PANIC: ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded

От
"ÿffffceÿffffac" "ÿffffbdÿffffaa"
Дата:
psql -f zouxian-data-bak.sql

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail CREATE TABLE
CREATE TABLE
CREATE TABLE
CREATE TABLE
CREATE TABLE
CREATE TABLE
CREATE TABLE
CREATE TABLE
CREATE TABLE
CREATE TABLE
CREATE TABLE
CREATE TABLE
CREATE TABLE
CREATE TABLE
CREATE TABLE
CREATE TABLE
CREATE TABLE
SET
SET
psql:zouxian-data-bak:243910: PANIC:  ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded
psql:zouxian-data-bak:243921: server closed the connection unexpectedly
        before or while processing the request.
psql:zouxian-data-bak:243921: connection to server was lost
-bash-2.05b$
psql:zouxian-data-bak:243910: PANIC:  ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded
psql:zouxian-data-bak:243921: server closed the connection unexpectedly
        before or while processing the request.
psql:zouxian-data-bak:243921: connection to server was lost
LOG:  server process (PID 29682) was terminated by signal 6
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing

Re: PANIC: ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 14:45, XffffceXffffac XffffbdXffffaa wrote:
> psql:zouxian-data-bak:243910: PANIC:  ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded
> psql:zouxian-data-bak:243921: server closed the connection unexpectedly
>         This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>         before or while processing the request.
> psql:zouxian-data-bak:243921: connection to server was lost
> -bash-2.05b$

You need to provide us with more information. Can you post some example
SQL code that actually reproduces the problem? What version of PG are
you using, on what platform? Does the postmaster log file show any
information before the PANIC?

-Neil

a bug in pg_dump?

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
Hi all,

I have database with 6 schemas, i did an:
alter database set search_path to 'public',
'pg_catalog', 'academico', 'dobe', 'recaudaciones',
'becas', 'roles', 'seguridad'

but when i do a: pg_dump -C uescc > uescc.sql
it add the create statement for the database but not
add appropiates alter database for the parameters i
set search_path in this case.

But, pg_dumpall does.

a bug in pg_dump?

regards,
Jaime Casanova

Re: a bug in pg_dump?

Дата:
Jaime Casanova <systemguards@yahoo.com> writes:
> but when i do a: pg_dump -C uescc > uescc.sql
> it add the create statement for the database but not
> add appropiates alter database for the parameters i
> set search_path in this case.

> But, pg_dumpall does.

> a bug in pg_dump?

No.  That functionality is assigned to pg_dumpall.

            regards, tom lane

Re: a bug in pg_dump?

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 02:25:35PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Jaime Casanova <systemguards@yahoo.com> writes:
> > but when i do a: pg_dump -C uescc > uescc.sql
> > it add the create statement for the database but not
> > add appropiates alter database for the parameters i
> > set search_path in this case.
>
> > But, pg_dumpall does.
>
> > a bug in pg_dump?
>
> No.  That functionality is assigned to pg_dumpall.

There doesn't seem to be a way of extracting only database creation from
pg_dumpall.  Or the schema of a single database, for example.  There
_is_ a functionality gap here.

ISTM pg_dump -C (which dumps CREATE DATABASE) should dump ALTER DATABASE
commands too.

You liked Linux a lot when he was just the gawky kid from down the block
mowing your lawn or shoveling the snow. But now that he wants to date
your daughter, you're not so sure he measures up. (Larry Greenemeier)

Re: a bug in pg_dump?

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
--- Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl> escribió:

> On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 02:25:35PM -0400, Tom Lane
> wrote:
> > Jaime Casanova <systemguards@yahoo.com> writes:
> > > but when i do a: pg_dump -C uescc > uescc.sql
> > > it add the create statement for the database but
> not
> > > add appropiates alter database for the
> parameters i
> > > set search_path in this case.
> >
> > > But, pg_dumpall does.
> >
> > > a bug in pg_dump?
> >
> > No.  That functionality is assigned to pg_dumpall.

Why in pg_dumpall and not in pg_dump -C?

> There doesn't seem to be a way of extracting only
> database creation from
> pg_dumpall.  Or the schema of a single database, for
> example.  There
> _is_ a functionality gap here.
>

> ISTM pg_dump -C (which dumps CREATE DATABASE) should
> dump ALTER DATABASE
> commands too.

It seems to be the logical behavior, IMHO.

best regards,
Jaime Casanova