Обсуждение: BUG #2139: Problem when calling functions without any argument

BUG #2139: Problem when calling functions without any argument

От
"Jacques Gollion"
Дата:

Bug reference:      2139
Logged by:          Jacques Gollion
Email address:      jgollion@sambatechnologies.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.1
Operating system:   Windows 2000
Details:

have have written some functions without any argument. When my powerbuilder
V9 application calls these functions, the behaviour is different :

*Using ODBC driver, it works well
*Using JDBC driver (I tried several versions), I get the error message
"ERROR : Syntax error at or near $1. If I add a unused argument to the
function; it works.
If I call in JDBC the same function for Oracle or Sybase, it works.
If I call other PostGreSQL functions with arguments, it works.

Where am I wrong ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: BUG #2139: Problem when calling functions without any argument

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
On 1/3/06, Jacques Gollion <jgollion@sambatechnologies.com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      2139
> Logged by:          Jacques Gollion
> Email address:      jgollion@sambatechnologies.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.1.1
> Operating system:   Windows 2000
> Details:
>
> have have written some functions without any argument. When my powerbuild=
er
> V9 application calls these functions, the behaviour is different :
>
> *Using ODBC driver, it works well
> *Using JDBC driver (I tried several versions), I get the error message
> "ERROR : Syntax error at or near $1. If I add a unused argument to the
> function; it works.
> If I call in JDBC the same function for Oracle or Sybase, it works.
> If I call other PostGreSQL functions with arguments, it works.
>
> Where am I wrong ?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

and... where is the function? how is defined? how do you use it?

code, please wiyhout that you can't expect any help...

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova

Re: BUG #2139: Problem when calling functions without any

От
Jacques Gollion
Дата:
hello Jaime,

Sorry. I forgot to provide you with the information. Please find the function and
the trace of jdbc calls in the enclosed file.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jacques

Jaime Casanova a écrit :

> On 1/3/06, Jacques Gollion <jgollion@sambatechnologies.com> wrote:
> >
> > The following bug has been logged online:
> >
> > Bug reference:      2139
> > Logged by:          Jacques Gollion
> > Email address:      jgollion@sambatechnologies.com
> > PostgreSQL version: 8.1.1
> > Operating system:   Windows 2000
> > Details:
> >
> > have have written some functions without any argument. When my powerbuilder
> > V9 application calls these functions, the behaviour is different :
> >
> > *Using ODBC driver, it works well
> > *Using JDBC driver (I tried several versions), I get the error message
> > "ERROR : Syntax error at or near $1. If I add a unused argument to the
> > function; it works.
> > If I call in JDBC the same function for Oracle or Sybase, it works.
> > If I call other PostGreSQL functions with arguments, it works.
> >
> > Where am I wrong ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help.
> >

> and... where is the function? how is defined? how do you use it?
>
> code, please wiyhout that you can't expect any help...
>
> --
> regards,
> Jaime Casanova
> (DBA: DataBase Aniquilator ;)

      Jacques GOLLION            mailto:jgollion@sambatechnologies.com
     SAMBA Technologies          http://www.sambatechnologies.com
  53 chemin du Vieux Chene            Phone : +33 (0) 4 76 04 00 59
  38240  MEYLAN   FRANCE              Fax   : +33 (0) 4 76 04 15 98