Обсуждение: BUG #2318: language

BUG #2318: language

От
"Mete Akdogan"
Дата:

Bug reference:      2318
Logged by:          Mete Akdogan
Email address:      mete.akdogan@deu.edu.tr
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.3-1
Operating system:   win-xp
Details:

hi, i am a teaching assistant in www.deu.edu.tr, in one of our db courses,
we are planning to teach from postgresql. but pgadmin's language is changing
to Turkish due to opsys regional settings. Is there anyway to keep its
language English without changing the regional settings' location.

Re: BUG #2318: language

От
tomas@tuxteam.de (Tomas Zerolo)
Дата:
On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 09:30:29AM +0000, Mete Akdogan wrote:
>=20
>=20
> Bug reference:      2318
[...]

This is not a bug (and definitely not a PostgreSQL bug ;-)

> hi, i am a teaching assistant in www.deu.edu.tr, in one of our db courses,
> we are planning to teach from postgresql. but pgadmin's language is chang=
ing
> to Turkish due to opsys regional settings. [...]

Just give pgadmin another environment:

from the command line type

  export LANG=3DC pgadmin &

If you are using a graphical desktop you then can install a command line
lime this in the starter button/menu for pgadmin.

Re: BUG #2318: language

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Tomas Zerolo wrote:

>>hi, i am a teaching assistant in www.deu.edu.tr, in one of our db courses,
>>we are planning to teach from postgresql. but pgadmin's language is changing
>>to Turkish due to opsys regional settings. [...]
>

> Just give pgadmin another environment:
>
> from the command line type
>
>   export LANG=C pgadmin &

This is a wrong advice.
Mete, use the option dialog to select your favourite language. Don't
touch the environment.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: BUG #2318: language

От
tomas@tuxteam.de (Tomas Zerolo)
Дата:
On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 01:02:57PM +0100, Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Tomas Zerolo wrote:

[...]

> >  export LANG=3DC pgadmin &
>=20
> This is a wrong advice.
> Mete, use the option dialog to select your favourite language. Don't=20
> touch the environment.

OK, I assume you *do* know, gven your mail address ;-)

OTOH I'd expect an application to honour the locale settings as
defaults. Or how does the app know to speak turkisch in the first place?

Thanks
-- tom=C3=A1s