Обсуждение: Problem in connection

Problem in connection

От
Mario
Дата:
Hi,

I have a problem with connection if the postgresql 8.1.3....
Comand Line:  postmaster -S -o -i -D data (Unix - Solaris OS)
PostgreSql starter...normal

Error:
Command Line Console: psql  template1

Message Error: psql: FATAL:  invalid command-line arguments  for server
process
HINT:  Try  "postgres --help" for more information.

The one that happens is I don't get myself login in the server
through the psql(localhost)....this is the problem...?????

bug ???

 Mário Figueiredo
 INPE - Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais
 CPTEC - Centro de Previsão de Tempo e Estudos Climáticos
 Email: mariolf@cptec.inpe.br           RAMAL: 8625
 Phone: 55 + (12) 3186-8625

Re: Problem in connection

Дата:
Mario <mariolf@cptec.inpe.br> writes:
> I have a problem with connection if the postgresql 8.1.3....
> Comand Line:  postmaster -S -o -i -D data (Unix - Solaris OS)
                              ^^^^^

-i is not a valid switch to use within -o.  I think you probably meant
for -i to be a postmaster switch, not a backend switch, and therefore
should just drop the -o.

            regards, tom lane