Обсуждение: drop view stalled during pg_dump

drop view stalled during pg_dump

От
"SeattleServer.com"
Дата:
Hi guys,

I just tried to do a drop view and it sat there for ages.  I looked to see
what else was going on and the only other thing of note was a COPY process
being run as part of my daily backups (pg_dump).

Why does this block drop view?  It seems as though it shouldn't.

Cheers,

Re: drop view stalled during pg_dump

Дата:
"SeattleServer.com" <lists@seattleserver.com> writes:
> I just tried to do a drop view and it sat there for ages.  I looked to see
> what else was going on and the only other thing of note was a COPY process
> being run as part of my daily backups (pg_dump).

> Why does this block drop view?  It seems as though it shouldn't.

Please reproduce this and look into pg_locks to see exactly what it's
blocking on.

            regards, tom lane