Обсуждение: PGSQL - WARNING: 25P01: there is no transaction in progress

PGSQL - WARNING: 25P01: there is no transaction in progress

От
DNS
Дата:
Hello,

I have the following Warning with Postgresql, can anybody helps:

1- My server is crashing suddenbly
2- I do a cold reboot
3- In pgsql log, I have this message:
2007-04-27 14:15:05 EDT user database  WARNING:  25P01: there is no
transaction in progress
2007-04-27 14:15:05 EDT user database LOCATION:  EndTransactionBlock,
xact.c:2878
4- I try to search the transaction ID but can't find it.
5- How can I identify the transaction that caused this problem ? Is
there any log for the past transactions in PgSQL ?

I have found there is maybe two methods to correct the problem. It's
with ROLLBACK PREPARED or REINDEX but I'm not sure if it would work.

If someone can advice me steps-by-steps how to fix this error.

Thank you for your help.

Re: PGSQL - WARNING: 25P01: there is no transaction in progress

Дата:
DNS <letanloc@gmail.com> writes:
> 3- In pgsql log, I have this message:
> 2007-04-27 14:15:05 EDT user database  WARNING:  25P01: there is no
> transaction in progress

This is just a warning, which most likely is there only because somebody
typed COMMIT or ABORT unnecessarily.  What problem are you actually having?

> I forget to add, it's PGSQL version 8.1 . Thank you!

8.1.what?

            regards, tom lane

Re: PGSQL - WARNING: 25P01: there is no transaction in progress

От
DNS
Дата:
On 27 avr, 19:17, t...@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) wrote:

> This is just a warning, which most likely is there only because somebody
> typed COMMIT or ABORT unnecessarily.  What problem are you actually having?

No one is working on the database when come up the warning. The
warning makes us worrier about the database but nothing serious on
database side.

> > I forget to add, it's PGSQL version 8.1 . Thank you!
>
> 8.1.what?

It' 8.1.8

>                         regards, tom lane

Regards,

Re: PGSQL - WARNING: 25P01: there is no transaction in progress

От
Alvaro Herrera
DNS escribió:
> On 27 avr, 19:17, t...@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) wrote:
>
> > This is just a warning, which most likely is there only because somebody
> > typed COMMIT or ABORT unnecessarily.  What problem are you actually having?
>
> No one is working on the database when come up the warning. The
> warning makes us worrier about the database but nothing serious on
> database side.

This is not possible.  The server does not send this message all by
itself.  Maybe the driver or connection pooler you are using is sending
a ROLLBACK command when it connects, to "clear up" the connection or
something like that.

Re: PGSQL - WARNING: 25P01: there is no transaction in progress

От
DNS
Дата:
Even desactivate Auto-vacuum didn't fix my issue. Is there any place
where I can see past transactions or transactions in queue that hasn't
been processed ?

Thank you,

On 2 mai, 10:02, alvhe...@commandprompt.com (Alvaro Herrera) wrote:
> DNS escribi=F3:
>
> > On 27 avr, 19:17, t...@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) wrote:
>
> > > This is just a warning, which most likely is there only because someb=
ody
> > > typed COMMIT or ABORT unnecessarily.  What problem are you actually h=
aving?

> > No one is working on the database when come up the warning. The
> > warning makes us worrier about the database but nothing serious on
> > database side.
>
> This is not possible.  The server does not send this message all by
> itself.  Maybe the driver or connection pooler you are using is sending
> a ROLLBACK command when it connects, to "clear up" the connection or
> something like that.
>
> --
> Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.co=
m/

Re: PGSQL - WARNING: 25P01: there is no transaction in progress

От
Heikki Linnakangas
DNS wrote:
> Even desactivate Auto-vacuum didn't fix my issue. Is there any place
> where I can see past transactions or transactions in queue that hasn't
> been processed ?

You could put log_statement = all to your postgresql.conf. That'll log
every statement sent to the server to the log file.

There's no other way to see past statements from the server side.
There's no such thing as a queue of transactions.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas

DNS escribió:
> Even desactivate Auto-vacuum didn't fix my issue.

I don't think anybody ever suggested that autovacuum had something to do
with it.

> Is there any place
> where I can see past transactions or transactions in queue that hasn't
> been processed ?

Why are you bothering with investigating transactions when the message
states perfectly clearly that there is no transaction involved?

Re: PGSQL - WARNING: 25P01: there is no transaction in progress

От
DNS
Дата:
Thanks alot, log_statement = all shows where come the errors.