Обсуждение: psql malloc problem

psql malloc problem

От
Marc Munro
Дата:
Postgres version 8.3.0 on Mac OSX Version 10.4.11

Built from source with no parameters to configure script (ie a simple
default build).

Error occurs every time I exit psql:

marc:[prototype]$ psql -d postgres

        \h for help with SQL commands
        \? for help with psql commands
        \q to quit

postgres=# \q
psql(3050) malloc: *** error for object 0x1807000: incorrect checksum
for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed,
break at szone_error to debug
psql(3050) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
Segmentation fault
marc:[prototype]$ psql -l
         List of databases
    Name    |  Owner   | Encoding
-----------+----------+-----------
  monkey    | marc     | SQL_ASCII
  postgres  | postgres | SQL_ASCII
  template0 | postgres | SQL_ASCII
  template1 | postgres | SQL_ASCII
(4 rows)

marc:[prototype]$

gdb backtrace:

monkey=# \q
psql(2895) malloc: *** error for object 0x1807000: incorrect checksum
for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed,
break at szone_error to debug
psql(2895) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug

Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
Reason: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at address: 0x305c303c
0x900065ed in szone_free ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x900065ed in szone_free ()
#1  0x90005588 in free ()
#2  0x90010f5f in fclose ()
#3  0x964a891c in history ()
#4  0x964a9b05 in write_history ()
#5  0x00009cbc in saveHistory ()
#6  0x00009dd2 in finishInput ()
#7  0x900103ec in __cxa_finalize ()
#8  0x900102e8 in exit ()
#9  0x00002422 in _start ()
#10 0x00002341 in start ()
(gdb)

Please let me know what else I can do to assist in tracking this down.
__
Marc

Re: psql malloc problem

Дата:
Marc Munro <marc@bloodnok.com> writes:
> Postgres version 8.3.0 on Mac OSX Version 10.4.11
> Error occurs every time I exit psql:

This is a known bug in Apple's version of libedit.

Your options are to update to OSX 10.5 (where they fixed it)
or to use readline instead of libedit.  See the PG archives.

            regards, tom lane