Обсуждение: Behavior of identically-named savepoints

Behavior of identically-named savepoints

От
Joshua Tolley
Дата:
The SAVEPOINT documentation says that a new savepoint created with the
same name as an existing savepoint masks but does not destroy the old
savepoint, and rolling back to the savepoint will then make the old
savepoint available for RELEASE SAVEPOINT and ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT
calls. 8.3.5 and my 8.4devel (built a few days ago) don't follow this
behavior, as demonstrated with the attached script. Unless, of course,
I'm missing something.

- Josh / eggyknap

Вложения

Re: Behavior of identically-named savepoints

От
Joshua Tolley
Дата:
On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 11:31:31AM -0700, Joshua Tolley wrote:
> Unless, of course,
> I'm missing something.

Yep, I was missing something. I didn't realize ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT
didn't destroy the newer savepoint like RELEASE SAVEPOINT does. Adding
RELEASE SAVEPOINT calls to my test script makes it work as I'd expect.
Sorry for the noise.

- Josh / eggyknap