Обсуждение: BUG #5201: insert select gives bogus error message

BUG #5201: insert select gives bogus error message

От
""
Дата:

Bug reference:      5201
Logged by:
Email address:      anteusz@freemail.hu
PostgreSQL version: 8.3
Operating system:   Kanotix, Debian based
Details:

Hi,

I have two tables.
table a, and table b.
table a inherits table b in create table.
table b had at least 10 fields.
I had a command insert into a select * from b;
I got an error message saying
that number of expressions/arguments is not ok.
This does not happen if I use "like" instead of inherit.

Re: BUG #5201: insert select gives bogus error message

Дата:
"" <anteusz@freemail.hu> writes:
> I have two tables.
> table a, and table b.
> table a inherits table b in create table.
> table b had at least 10 fields.
> I had a command insert into a select * from b;
> I got an error message saying
> that number of expressions/arguments is not ok.
> This does not happen if I use "like" instead of inherit.

This is most likely pilot error, but without seeing exactly what
you did, no one can tell for sure.

            regards, tom lane