Обсуждение: BUG #5210: error in intidb process when installing on japanese

BUG #5210: error in intidb process when installing on japanese

От
"Maithili"
Дата:

Bug reference:      5210
Logged by:          Maithili
Email address:      maithili.manurkar@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2
Operating system:   Windows 2003
Details:

i try installing postgressql 8.2 on a japanese machine which is on japanese
domain.
The machine name as well as the domain name is japanese.
the initdb process fails to initiate giving an error unknown hostname or
incorrect password. I have checked the creation of user postgres, it has
the
required permissions.
what can be the problem.

Re: BUG #5210: error in intidb process when installing on japanese

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 4:21 AM, Maithili <maithili.manurkar@gmail.com> wro=
te:

> Bug reference: =A0 =A0 =A05210
> Logged by: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Maithili
> Email address: =A0 =A0 =A0maithili.manurkar@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.2
> Operating system: =A0 Windows 2003
panese
> Details:
>
> i try installing postgressql 8.2 on a japanese machine which is on japane=
se
> domain.
> The machine name as well as the domain name is japanese.
> the initdb process fails to initiate giving an error unknown hostname or
> incorrect password. I have checked the creation of user postgres, it has
> the
> required permissions.
> what can be the problem.

I think you're going to need to provide the actual output and/or error
messages for anyone to be able to help you with this...

...Robert

Re: BUG #5210: error in intidb process when installing on japanese

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 12:24 AM, maithili manur
<maithili.manurkar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please find attached the screenshots. The first two are screenshots of the
> installtions process and the last one is where it fails.
>
> The environment is such :
> The machine on which postgres 8.2 is being installed is Win=A02K3 Japanes=
e OS,
> with hostname in japanese. This machine is under a domain, which has a
> japanese name. The machine with the active directory is also a Win2K3
> Japanese OS.
> I have logged into the machine where we are installing it with
> administrative rights on the domain.
>
> The same use case works with a Win2K3 English OS on an English domain.

So you're saying it works in English but fails in Japanese?  That
sounds like some kind of a locale/encoding problem, but unfortunately
I know very little about that topic in general and absolutely nothing
with respect to WIndows.  Anyone else have a clue?

...Robert