Обсуждение: BUG #5222: failed to run initdb: 1!

BUG #5222: failed to run initdb: 1!

От
"Nicolas urtizberea"
Дата:

Bug reference:      5222
Logged by:          Nicolas urtizberea
Email address:      nurtizberea@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.1-1
Operating system:   Windows XP Fundamentals for Legacy Pc`s SP3
Details:

The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "SYSTEM".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale English_United
States.1252.
The default text search configuration will be set to "english".

creating directory C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/data ... ok
creating subdirectories ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... The system cannot find the file
specified.
10
selecting default shared_buffers/max_fsm_pages ... The system cannot find
the file specified.
400kB/20000
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/data/base/1
... ok
initializing pg_authid ... The system cannot find the file specified.
child process exited with exit code 1
initdb: removing data directory "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/data"

Re: BUG #5222: failed to run initdb: 1!

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
On 2/12/2009 2:25 AM, Nicolas urtizberea wrote:

> Bug reference:      5222
> Logged by:          Nicolas urtizberea
> Email address:      nurtizberea@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3.1-1
> Operating system:   Windows XP Fundamentals for Legacy Pc`s SP3

Wow, really?

I'm not at all sure PostgreSQL has been tested on that. It's hard to get
hold of copies, for one thing. I don't know what Microsoft cut out for
XP Fundamentals, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it broke PostgreSQL
since Pg relies on proper, working service accounts and the like.

Another person reported the same issue with a version of Windows Embedded:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2009-03/msg00028.php

... which further suggests that it might be problems caused by a limited
Windows version. Try digging through these search results to see if you
find anything useful:

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=%22The+system+cannot+find+the+file+specified%22+site%3Apostgresql.org

It'd be nice to know why this happens, since it might be easy to work
around and get Pg working on these versions of Windows. It's hard to
know what's going on, though.

It'd be helpful if you could provide a process monitor log (in native
process monitor format) of the installation process, since that might
shed some light.

--
Craig Ringer

Re: BUG #5222: failed to run initdb: 1!

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 1:12 AM, Craig Ringer
<craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
> On 2/12/2009 2:25 AM, Nicolas urtizberea wrote:
>>
>> The following bug has been logged online:
>>
>> Bug reference: =A0 =A0 =A05222
>> Logged by: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Nicolas urtizberea
>> Email address: =A0 =A0 =A0nurtizberea@gmail.com
>> PostgreSQL version: 8.3.1-1
>> Operating system: =A0 Windows XP Fundamentals for Legacy Pc`s SP3
>
> Wow, really?
>
> I'm not at all sure PostgreSQL has been tested on that. It's hard to get
> hold of copies, for one thing.

Yeah, I can't even get it with my MSDN premium subscription :-(. If I
could, I'd test it....

--=20
Dave Page