Обсуждение: BUG #6357: cant download

BUG #6357: cant download

От
stef.couston@gmail.com
Дата:

Bug reference:      6357
Logged by:          Stephane
Email address:      stef.couston@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.2
Operating system:   Mac OS X 10.6.8

Hello

I didn't manage to download your product, and it is written this=20

Unable to create PostgreSQL database: PT3 DB
Reason: Unable to login to database (template1). Reason: could not connect
to server: No such file or directory Is the server running locally and
accepting connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?=20

And I do't know what I can do to resolve that.=20

Regards

Re: BUG #6357: cant download

От
"Kevin Grittner"
wrote:

> PostgreSQL version: 9.1.2
> Operating system: Mac OS X 10.6.8

> I didn't manage to download your product

From where did you try to download it?

> Unable to create PostgreSQL database: PT3 DB
> Reason: Unable to login to database (template1). Reason: could not
> connect to server: No such file or directory Is the server running
> locally and accepting connections on Unix domain socket
> "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

Well, you wouldn't get this message unless you at least had the
client component of PostgreSQL, so it throws the "unable to download"
statement into question.  Did you intall the server?  Is it running?

This doesn't sound like a bug.  Please read the this page:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

... and post follow-up discussion on pgsql-general.

-Kevin