Обсуждение: BUG #8352: Using UPPER in ON clause of JOIN

BUG #8352: Using UPPER in ON clause of JOIN

От
dyuen@rbauction.com
Дата:

Bug reference:      8352
Logged by:          Daisy
Email address:      dyuen@rbauction.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.2.4
Operating system:   Windows 7

When joining two tables on a varchar column wrapped in a upper statement,
the join does not work if there is a trailing space in both of the varchar
values.

In the two examples below, VALUE1 and VALUE2 = "ABC "

-- Doesn't work

SELECT * FROM TABLE1 INNER JOIN TABLE2 ON UPPER(VALUE1) = UPPER(VALUE2)

-- Works

SELECT * FROM TABLE1 INNER JOIN TABLE2 ON UPPER(TRIM(VALUE1)) =
UPPER(TRIM(VALUE2))

Re: BUG #8352: Using UPPER in ON clause of JOIN

От
Vik Fearing
Дата:
On 08/02/2013 01:48 AM, dyuen@rbauction.com wrote:

> Bug reference:      8352
> Logged by:          Daisy
> Email address:      dyuen@rbauction.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.2.4
> Operating system:   Windows 7
>
> When joining two tables on a varchar column wrapped in a upper statement,
> the join does not work if there is a trailing space in both of the varchar
> values.
>

> In the two examples below, VALUE1 and VALUE2 = "ABC "
>

> -- Doesn't work
>

> SELECT * FROM TABLE1 INNER JOIN TABLE2 ON UPPER(VALUE1) = UPPER(VALUE2)
>

> -- Works
>

> SELECT * FROM TABLE1 INNER JOIN TABLE2 ON UPPER(TRIM(VALUE1)) =
> UPPER(TRIM(VALUE2))

I am unable to reproduce this.  Can you provide a self-contained example
please?

Vik