Обсуждение: postgres 8.2.13 compatibility with RHEL 6.4

postgres 8.2.13 compatibility with RHEL 6.4

От
Lekshmi Ts
Дата:
Dear Team,

We have tried installing postgres 8.2.13 in RHEL 6.4 server. But we
couldnot create a database. Is this a compatibility issue?

Thanks & Regards
Lekshmi Ts
Tools Professional Services

Tata Consultancy Services
TCS Centre-SEZ
Infopark Special Economic Zone, Kakkanad, Kusumagiri Post
Kochi - 682030,Kerala
India
Ph:- 04846187584
Cell:- 8714818196
Mailto: lekshmi.ts@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                        Business Solutions
                        Consulting
=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: postgres 8.2.13 compatibility with RHEL 6.4

Дата:
Lekshmi Ts <lekshmi.ts@tcs.com> writes:
> We have tried installing postgres 8.2.13 in RHEL 6.4 server. But we
> couldnot create a database. Is this a compatibility issue?

No.

Probably the first question to ask is why you're trying to install
such an obsolete, long-out-of-support version of Postgres in the first
place --- and not even close to the last minor release thereof.  Whoever
thought that was a good choice of release to use needs re-education.
http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/

Having said that, though, 8.2 should certainly work on RHEL 5/6 era
platforms.  You either built it wrong, installed it wrong, or are
using it wrong.  There's quite insufficient data here to say exactly
what's wrong, though.

            regards, tom lane