Обсуждение: BUG #13894: MANPATH in documentation - wrong path

BUG #13894: MANPATH in documentation - wrong path

От
ssudnik@gmail.com
Дата:

Bug reference:      13894
Logged by:          Slawomir Sudnik
Email address:      ssudnik@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.5.0
Operating system:   Centos 7 64bit

I found a bug in the documentation, in chapter 15.5.2.
In the documentation
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/install-post.html) is

"To enable your system to find the man documentation, you need to add lines
like the following to a shell start-up file unless you installed into a
location that is searched by default:

MANPATH=/usr/local/pgsql/man:$MANPATH
export MANPATH"

I installed documentation to PostgreSQL. I used the command 'make
install-docs'.
The whole documentation is in subdirectories: ./share/doc and ./share/man

The path /usr/local/pgsql/man is wrong.
Correct path is /usr/local/pgsql/share/man ,so
MANPATH=/usr/local/pgsql/share/man:$MANPATH

Regards,
Slawomir Sudnik

Re: BUG #13894: MANPATH in documentation - wrong path

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
ssudnik@gmail.com wrote:

> The path /usr/local/pgsql/man is wrong.
> Correct path is /usr/local/pgsql/share/man ,so
> MANPATH=/usr/local/pgsql/share/man:$MANPATH

You're right.  Fixed.  Thanks for reporting.